Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Default Re: Had to disarm myself today

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles700LvL View Post
    How about a 4 year old child throwing a temper tantrum and hitting your trunk.

Swift kick to the chest appropriate? Regardless to the actor right?
    or the bird that shits on it LOL

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Threatening that "if this dude touches my car again … I'm going to cave his face in".
    That ain't what a rational and mature person in control of his faculties would do, heat of the moment or no.
    It's a legitimate verbal warning for the cases, when "pretty, please, with sugar on top" clearly didn't work.

There was no carjacking here, attempted or otherwise.
    No shit, Sherlock! THe rhetoric here is "it's just a car". When someone is being carjacked, then it's also "just a car". So wny just nt to surrender it?

I personally try not to judge and have no problem with either course of action. I have problem with hypocricy.
    Umm, yeah. You can slap my car trunk all day with an open hand and I really doubt you'll cause any damage that a wash and wax won't fix.
    Wanna slap bet?

Also, I hope you realize, an open hand forms a fist in less than a second. Exactly the way, how robbery can graduate to murder in the same time. And please don't try to say, that thare was no murder. I was merely comparing development of 2 less thn lawful acts.

Since the old man wasn't armed this wouldn't qualify as a "stand your ground" case under PA law.
    Oh, right... tell it to local Trayvon Martin followers. They will be happy to hear it.
    Je suis déplorable

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by freesoul View Post
    or the bird that shits on it LOL
    I tried. Didn't work out
    Je suis déplorable

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Oh, so the slap isnt nothing, when your pretty face is at the receiving end?

I said the slap equates to vandalism. As much as slap in the face equates to assault. A slap is a slap in my universe. Whether it's apllied to a car or a face. Slap to the face is very unlikely to cause you any damage. Yet you clearly call it assault. Hypocricy, as I said.
    What fucking horse shit. That's not at all what you said, and slapping a car does not, in any way, count as vandalism, pal. Does that mean I should go beat the fuck out of some kid because he slapped my front door while having a temper tantrum? My house is certainly worth more than his car, so that's okay, right?

I don't give a shit about "your universe," because that's some of the most ass backwards logic I've ever heard in my life. Do you read what you're typing before you post? Does anyone here think this is a reasonable attitude? "Slapping my car is the same as assaulting me."

Another thing: stop putting words in people's mouths. No one said it's okay for someone to assault you or ACTUALLY vandalize your shit, but we DID say it's not okay to assault someone who didn't do anything deserving of that. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Because of crazy old man, who cant control himself...
    Right. Crazy old man, who can't control himself sounds as harmless as little rainbow farting unicorn.

I wonder hw many members here would advocate said man's right to bear arms.
    Je suis déplorable

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    Does anyone here think this is a reasonable attitude? "Slapping my car is the same as assaulting me."
    Wait... and a person, who puts the quoted BULLSHIT in my mouth demands the shit below?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    Another thing: stop putting words in people's mouths.
    FUCKING REALLY???

How about some reading comprehension, that you clearly love so much? Ever tried to use it?
    Je suis déplorable

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

No. Im comparing an act against my ass or my property to an act against my ass or my property. Regardless to the actor. A common thug has excuses too. 4 kids, no job etc. Why are they any different from excuses towards clearly violent outburst of crazy old man, who cant control himself?
    The crazy old man is just worried about his car. Walk away from the car, you walk away from the confrontation.

The mugger is targeting me specifically, with evil intent. I have to assume that walking away won't be so easy.

Each is a different type of problem to solve. I didn't see the OP making any attempt to solve his problem. His anger took over immediately, and his only thought was to beat down the old man.

(Perry County)

No. Im comparing an act against my ass or my property to an act against my ass or my property. Regardless to the actor. A common thug has excuses too. 4 kids, no job etc. Why are they any different from excuses towards clearly violent outburst of crazy old man, who cant control himself?
    Wow, that's all I can really say. I read your posts on the previous pages and your lack of comprehension on the differences and calling everyone hypocrites due to your lack of comprehension leaves me scratching my head. I can't figure out if you really believe what you've written or if you're one of those people that refuses to budge off of your position and will defend it to the point of absurdity.

A few points:

A slap to a person is harassment. A slap to a car that causes no damage is nothing...legally speaking.

People are absolved of criminal action all of the time due to mental impairment.

Trying to make a connection between an old man with dementia and a strong armed robbery is straining credibility.

Bringing race into it ranks you right up there with every progressive libtard that uses it when losing an argument.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    The mugger is targeting me specifically, with evil intent.
    No, he doesn't care about you. He cares about your wallet.
    Je suis déplorable

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

No, he doesn't care about you. He cares about your wallet.
    I'm not going to argue down the rabbit hole. Have a nice day.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast