Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Kahr Sight adjustment

Hey guys,

I have to move the rear sight on my Kahr CW9, its hitting to the left by about 3 - 4 inches. Can I do this with a punch and lightly tapping with a hammer or do I need a sight adjustment tool?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Kahr Sight adjustment

Are you sure the problem is with the sights? Are you right handed? Right handed shooters usually group their shots to the left when they flinch.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by squinn View Post
    Are you sure the problem is with the sights? Are you right handed? Right handed shooters usually group their shots to the left when they flinch.
    yeah I've been working on fixing as I have had that issue before. but my buddy and I were both hitting in the same spot, with my 1911 I was hitting where I aimed.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Bedford County)

At what distance is the gun hitting 3-4" left?

25 yards would not bother me much. 10 yards would be a concern.

Yes you can drift your sight with a punch and hammer. Put the slide only in a vise with padded jaws, dont over tighten the vise!

Begin by tapping the sight with the punch and hammer....you need little to gain alot!

Brass punches work well, but sometimes steel punches are needed. Use a few small squares of electrical tape on the side of the sight to protect it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKMARK View Post
    At what distance is the gun hitting 3-4" left?

25 yards would not bother me much. 10 yards would be a concern.

Yes you can drift your sight with a punch and hammer. Put the slide only in a vise with padded jaws, dont over tighten the vise!

Begin by tapping the sight with the punch and hammer....you need little to gain alot!

Brass punches work well, but sometimes steel punches are needed. Use a few small squares of electrical tape on the side of the sight to protect it.
    about 7 - 10 yards its hitting to the left 3 inches or more