Here is a link to the thread on Open Carry (dot) Org:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-in-Swissvalle

Open Carry win in Swissvalle

Went grocery shopping at the Giant Eagle in Swissvalle Pa the other day and I was stopped by the store security/Pa constable. He told me that the store owner's/manager did not allow firearms. (this was not a corporate store) He said I could put it in my car and continue shopping. I declined and said it could be stolen. He said I could conceal it and continue. I then said you said I could not be there period with a firearm concealed or open. He got confused and said that I can stay if I cover it. I shopped and left. I contacted the home office and the store manager and was informed there was no such policy. The store manager informed me he would inform the security/constable that they had no such policy and I was welcome to shop there.
Here is the follow-up, and the part that concerns me about the Constable's behavior...

Q: Was he a Constable?

That is what his uniform patches said and his badge said. Still do not know exactly what a constable is. But he was acting as store security. I watched him punch out at the time clock as I was leaving.
Is it appropriate for a Constable to wear the badges, patches and "uniform" (is there a uniform for a PA Constable?) while privately employed outside the scope of his/her duties as a Constable? It seems to me I've heard of LEOs doing this under certain circumstances so it wouldn't really surprise me. But I still found this account to be interesting and thought I would pass it along under this section.

So if you find yourself wandering about the Swissvale area, watch out! It seems we have a confused Constable on the loose, and he doesn't seem to hesitate in spreading his confusion under color of authority, whatever authority Constables have anyway.

Swissvale is a borough in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, 9 miles east of downtown Pittsburgh.