Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Canik 55 Shark fc

Anyone know about this pistol? I wanted to order a CZ SP01 but I couldn't find a good source for them online. Would this be a good substitute?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Canik 55 Shark fc

I have the canik stingray. I bought it from Budsgunshop.com. I really like the pistol as a sa/da. My only complaint is there is some good take up in the trigger in sa mode. Mine is very accurate and built like a tank. I have no regrets. Mine is a home defense and range toy. It's a little too heavy for carry, but I'd like to note I carry polymer framed striker action guns.

Last edited by philadelphia patriot; August 19th, 2014 at 09:08 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Nice, where do you shoot in Philly? Maybe if I run into you I could give it a try?

(Northampton County)

If you what to shoot Caniks or their Tristar brothers then you you need to come up to Easton Firearms Refinishing. I got into the Canik and Tristars before Obama got re-elected when people were in the gun buying frenzy. At that time there about zero CZ pistols on the market and I am a Cz devotee. I saw the Caniks on Buds like you and then they were a lot higher in price. I bought one and was very impressed. That led to two years of experimenting and customizing Caniks ,Tristar and Sar pistols which are all CZ and EAA clones. I can take your Canik from stock to to wild with a short reset trigger system , better sights ,grips and in many different colors. Last weekend I had two forum members up from Philly to go to the range and shoot the new Lionheart Industry pistols along with a PO7 duty last weekend, all they did was supply their own ammo. In addition they got to shoot the Tristar P120 with the short rest trigger system . It is the Tristar P120 that I would suggest over the Shark model because their are more sight options available over the Shark series. The Shark series has an aluminum alloy frame which makes it a nice light pistol and a front sight that is a one of a kind and no one makes aftermarket sights for this pistol. It requires custom work to improve the front sight. The P120 from tristar/canik is a clone of the SPO1 CZ except you can't get a decock model. It is slightly heavier than the SPO1 which give it about zero felt recoil, its almost like cheating when you shoot this pistol ,it hovers on target. Add a rear tactical black sight ,a fiber optic front and one of 3 trigger systems,better grips and you have a an outstanding shooter that can drop shot after shot right on top of the last shot . If you want to shoot stock or custom caniks and tristars let me know. I have a custom Shark FC , a stock fullsize shark , two custom P120's, a 120 Steel a 120 light stock triggers better sights and grips. and I am currently building a custom Stringray, C100 , 120 Steel for our new webpage devoted to custom Caniks. If you have any questions on stock Caniks ,Tristars or custom ones or would simply like to shoot some call me at 610-252-5334 and we will shoot some so you can make a better informed decision before you plunk down your money, besides I love going to the range.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

Forgot to include some pictures.

(Northampton County)

Here are two more.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahee
    It is the Tristar P120 that I would suggest over the Shark model because their are more sight options available over the Shark series. The Shark series has an aluminum alloy frame which makes it a nice light pistol and a front sight that is a one of a kind and no one makes aftermarket sights for this pistol. It requires custom work to improve the front sight. The P120 from tristar/canik is a clone of the SPO1 CZ except you can't get a decock model
    Any idea where I could order one
    Last edited by hawkinsje; August 21st, 2014 at 01:12 PM.

(Northampton County)

You can get the stock versions from Buds Gun shop.com or Grab a gun.com or if you want a full blown custom version you order it from EFR in Easton Pa . If you want to actually shoot a stock or full blown custom version you can also come up to EFR an shoot both before buying anything.

(York County)

Damn Brian, you always have the best toys. What is the story on the Third one down in the pics, the one with the three vertical reliefs and silver hardware ( apparently a decocker model )?
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

(Northampton County)

Actually its a safety model , its a CaniK Shark custom Compact that I built about 2 years ago. I sent it to Dave Milham at Cajun Gun works -he makes custom trigger systems for CZ's . It was one of several pistols that he used to develop his Canik line of parts from . It has a 3 lb single action trigger with a 6.5 lb double action. Currently we could set this up with a short rest trigger as well. The slide was milled to add a cosmetic touch and lighten it some. The frame is an aluminum alloy so it is not a heavy pistol shoots out standing groups. I now shoot Caniks and Sar pistols more than my Cz's they just preform flawlessly. Anyone is welcome to come by and shoot them . I had three forum members by last Saturday shooting Lionhearts .CZ and the Custom Caniks. Nothing worse than buying a pistol and then realizing that you hate it after you shoot it. All three shooters loved the custom triggers on the Caniks and Cz's