Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default 14.7--> 16.1 need muzzle device

I have a 14.7 PSA CHF mid length and am looking for a muzzle brake or compensator to pin and weld on the end of it to bring it to legal length.

The caveat is that it need to be classified as a muzzle brake and not a flash hider. I plan on moving to NJ in the spring and need something that wont count as another evil feature...

I was thinking about the BCM compensator Mod 1. The only problem is that the majority of people I spoke to are unsure if it will pass the "pinky test" in NJ and will be a no go.. Any input or suggestions? (Besides the obvious "Dont make the move").

(Northampton County)

Default Re: 14.7--> 16.1 need muzzle device

You'll be sorry!

Also, make sure you don't have a collapsible stock.

(Northampton County)

Oh, and make sure you don't change it so much that you can't sell it.

I'm not a huge fan of Christie, but once he is gone it's curtains for NJ. Look at all the anti-gun bills he has had to veto.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Oh, and make sure you don't change it so much that you can't sell it.
    The only permanent change will be the pin and weld of the muzzle device, and there are shops that can reverse even that with the proper tools.

You'll be sorry!

Also, make sure you don't have a collapsible stock.
    Bayo lug, pistol grip, muzzle device other than flash hider pinned and welded, fixed stock, 15 rd mag limit...
    Last edited by TheRealDonJohnson; August 17th, 2014 at 02:16 PM.

(Wayne County)

Many of the Supressor mount brakes will work as well IIRC. They tend to be longer than the standard comp/brake. AAC Blackout muzzle brake, Surefire Socom brake etc.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Splittiebus66 View Post
    Many of the Supressor mount brakes will work as well IIRC. They tend to be longer than the standard comp/brake. AAC Blackout muzzle brake, Surefire Socom brake etc.
    All good choices, however I am looking for something with minimal concussion and maximum flash reduction, all while being classified as a muzzle brake...

Something else to consider is that once it is pinned/welded to the barrel, it becomes part of the barrel. With NJ's laws which prohibit threaded rifle barrels they could technically say that the barrel is still threaded and F me in the A.
    Last edited by TheRealDonJohnson; August 17th, 2014 at 03:10 PM.

(Indiana County)

Read your own posts, then ask yourself, what is there to be gained by giving up my rights by moving to jersey and possibly ending up in a jail cell?

Seriously, I've asked this numerous times to people either in Jersey or thinking of moving there: Why?

You obviously have concerns about your rights if you move there, what is so important that you are willing to forgo your freedom?

I'm not even going to comment on the muzzle device part, because I have no desire to be involved in anything that may put you afoul of the gestapo in Jersey.

My advice is to buy another upper and sell the one you have.
    Good luck.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    All good choices, however I am looking for something with minimal concussion and maximum flash reduction, all while being classified as a muzzle brake...

Something else to consider is that once it is pinned/welded to the barrel, it becomes part of the barrel. With NJ's laws which prohibit threaded rifle barrels they could technically say that the barrel is still threaded and F me in the A.
    People in NJ seem to universally believe the PWS FSC 556 is not a flash hider. It causes less concussion than many breaks, but all breaks cause concussion. It also reduces flash some. PWS has an ATF letter saying it is not a flash hider because it does not reduce flash as much as an A2 comp. For whatever that is or is not worth.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    Read your own posts, then ask yourself, what is there to be gained by giving up my rights by moving to jersey and possibly ending up in a jail cell?

Seriously, I've asked this numerous times to people either in Jersey or thinking of moving there: Why?

You obviously have concerns about your rights if you move there, what is so important that you are willing to forgo your freedom?

I'm not even going to comment on the muzzle device part, because I have no desire to be involved in anything that may put you afoul of the gestapo in Jersey.

My advice is to buy another upper and sell the one you have.
    Good luck.
    Idk what your life choices may or may not have been but for a will be college graduate like myself, the opportunity to work in my field of study stright out of school should not be passed up. I didnt ask for your input on anything but the muzzle device. And who are you to judge me based on my values and beliefs. Thank you for your "advice".
    Last edited by TheRealDonJohnson; August 17th, 2014 at 03:55 PM.

(Lackawanna County)

People in NJ seem to universally believe the PWS FSC 556 is not a flash hider. It causes less concussion than many breaks, but all breaks cause concussion. It also reduces flash some. PWS has an ATF letter saying it is not a flash hider because it does not reduce flash as much as an A2 comp. For whatever that is or is not worth.
    After some investigation on the NJ firearm forums many of the guys out there run either the PWS you mentioned or a variation of the Battlecomp or Spikes Dynacomp. Unfortunatly what I am looking for doesnt exist and flash mitigation and lack of concussion seem to be mutually exclusive when it comes to brakes.
    Last edited by TheRealDonJohnson; August 17th, 2014 at 03:46 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast