Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (York County)

Default Re: Frustration - too close to MD

I hate leaving my gun behind to go to MD. It's like leaving a piece of myself behind for the benefit of extreme yippee utopia bullshit. I wish I was braver than a stoner.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    There are many places along the MD line where you can easily cross unintentionally. There's usually one sign but on some roads there are no signs at all. You can go from upstanding, law abiding citizen to committing felony just like that and not even know it and to make it worse there are cops and prosecutors who have orgasms over busting people like that.
    Right down there where you are. State Line Rd. One side of the road is PA, the other side is Maryland. I always got a kick out of driving down there and looking at the cars in driveways opposite one another having different license plates. A neighbor 25 yards away is in another state with different taxes, laws, police coverage. Just crossing the road armed to chat up the neighbor could make the person a criminal.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Right down there where you are. State Line Rd. One side of the road is PA, the other side is Maryland. I always got a kick out of driving down there and looking at the cars in driveways opposite one another having different license plates. A neighbor 25 yards away is in another state with different taxes, laws, police coverage. Just crossing the road armed to chat up the neighbor could make the person a criminal.
    I was just in State Line yesterday looking a a piece of real estate for my employer. It's on the MD side of the road but you cross into PA when you pull out of the driveway.
    Imagine how frustrating it would be to be a LTCF holder who lives on the PA side of a MD road.
    Last edited by ray h; September 5th, 2014 at 08:47 AM.

(York County)

Being in Maryland, unarmed, always make me think of the final scene in Hoffa (with Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito).

When Danny DeVito realizes what is going on he sprints across the parking lot, reaches under his coat and finds an empty holster.

III% - Stand and be counted

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I was just in State Line yesterday looking a a piece of real estate for my employer. It's on the MD side of the road but you cross into PA when you pull out of the driveway.
    Imagine how frustrating it would be to be a LTCF holder who lives on the PA side of a MD road.
    One of my grandparents' neighbors has that problem. I do not know if anyone there has their LTCF, but for years they had two landlines, one with a PA area code and one with a MD area code, so they did not have to pay long distance on any calls.

The most direct and fastest route to my grandparents' house takes me into MD for 1.1 miles. When they first moved into the area about 40 years ago, they lived on the PA side of State Line RD.

(Delaware County)

Imagine how the folks in Derby Line VT feel. Vermont basically has constitutional carry, no permit/license needed to carry, CC or OC. They share a border with Canada. There are some homes in Derby Line VT whose driveway empties into Canada. There are a few buildings that are in both countries.

The line on the floor of these photos is the US/Canada border.

And then there is Point Roberts, Washington. Other than a 10 mile+ boat ride the only way to get to the rest of the USA is through Canada.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234