Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Honesdale area?

(Chester County)

Question Honesdale area?

I'll be in the Honesdale area next week and I like to check out local shops for ammo and holsters (maybe an indoor range?). I have found Heberling Sport Shop and 911 Tactical on the internet. Are these stores any good? Are there any others in the area which you would recommend? Thanks.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Honesdale area?

Heberling has the indoor range. Other shops in the area include Northeast firearms in downtown Honesdale.
    Bryant is just north of Honesdale, usually has a good supply of ammo on hand at decent prices.
    20 minutes south is Hunter's Gallery in Hamlin, good selection of ammo but a little pricey still better then Gander Mtn.
    15 minutes east of Honesdale is Wallenpaupack sport shop, ammo prices are OK, never noticed much in accessories such as holsters.
    25 minutes west of Honesdale is Gun Toters supply in Eynon, good ammo selection and nice selection of holsters on the racks.
    Best shop in the area in my opinion is Advanced Arms in Pittston, about 45 minutes south. Best prices around for ammo, nice selection of calibers and brands. Wall full of holsters. Make sure to call ahead for hours of all these shops as they vary a lot.

(Chester County)

Thumbs up Re: Honesdale area?

Thanks Venturerider for the informative reply. I'm looking forward to visiting some of the shops on your list. I noticed that you did not mention 911 tactical; was that an oversight, or are they not one you would recommend? Either way, thanks again for your reply.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Penn Patriot View Post
    Thanks Venturerider for the informative reply. I'm looking forward to visiting some of the shops on your list. I noticed that you did not mention 911 tactical; was that an oversight, or are they not one you would recommend? Either way, thanks again for your reply.
    Have not been in the new shop since they moved. Only visit there was last year and the prices were a bit high compared to other shops. Old shop was very LEO oriented. I'll make a point of stopping in soon.

(Lancaster County)

I bought an M&P 15 from 911 Tactical back in 2010. No complaints about the place and he quoted me the lowest price in the area. I haven't been back there since though so I have no recent info.

(Wayne County)

I'll be in the Honesdale area next week and I like to check out local shops for ammo and holsters (maybe an indoor range?). I have found Heberling Sport Shop and 911 Tactical on the internet. Are these stores any good? Are there any others in the area which you would recommend? Thanks.
    Did you get a chance to visit yet? How did you make out?

(Chester County)

Stopped by Heberling's and purchased some ammo. Very friendly and unobtrusive.

(Pike County)

If you got the patience you should read the thread I started on the subject 3 years ago: Terrible, Wallenpaupack Sports Shop and Northeast Firearms

It's a 3 year long discussion on local gun shops, at times we had heated discussions with some members agreeing with me while others did not. In my opinion Advanced Arms is the best in the region but Hunter's Gallery has a great selection of firearms, ammo and accessories. They have 5.56 ammo prices that are comparable to online prices.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Heberlings is a great little store. The indoor range is nothing special, but it's cheap and it has minimal rules. My favorite store around. Fair prices and he always has ammo and reloading supplies.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

I bought a couple mags there for my AR and my AK and the prices were a little high, but not bad. It does seem focused more toward law enforcement but not a bad store.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.