Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kel Tec P11

(Cumberland County)

Default Kel Tec P11

I swore I would never buy a Kel Tec. But I can get a used one in great shape, one mag with the pinky extender for $149. Hmmm, do I stick to my "I'll never own a Kel Tec" or take a chance and try out one of these cheap guns? As far as Kel Tec's go, is the P11 better/worse than other models? Looks just like a SCCY who I believe used the P11 as the model for their endeavor.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Kel Tec P11

P11 was my first handgun. Never shot the thing. This was years ago. Traded it in 2 weeks after I bought it for a PF9 which was a piece of shit. I've heard less negative things about the p11 then the pf9. I think it's still not a bad buy for $150. I would buy one for $150 just to have and store away, as long as it worked
    Last edited by JW1914; August 14th, 2014 at 11:01 PM.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Cumberland County)

Yeah, I hate to pass on any gun in great shape for $149 - but a Kel Tec - I'm still debating. I am not a gun snob by any stretch, owning several "less than high end" guns, but a Kel Tec - lol.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Mercer County)

My and my wife have 1. Reliable, durable, semi accurate. One big problem which you will hate. It honestly has the worse trigger of all time. It has to be atleast 16 pounds and so freaking long. We compared it to a keltec .380 and there is a huge difference. It is the worse trigger ever made in my opinion its comical how bad it is.

(Chester County)

Got a buddy who salvaged one of these. Its in such bad shape. COVERED in rust inside and out. Trigger is broken, only engages after about 10 to 15 pulls. Any one know where I can find a video on how to completly detail strip one? He asked me to fix it, and I could not find anything on youtube. If I can completly strip it and clean everything, and replace the part/s that are broken it may run again.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    My and my wife have 1. Reliable, durable, semi accurate. One big problem which you will hate. It honestly has the worse trigger of all time. It has to be atleast 16 pounds and so freaking long. We compared it to a keltec .380 and there is a huge difference. It is the worse trigger ever made in my opinion its comical how bad it is.
    I hear ya, I handled it a bit and the first thing I was told was "you gotta pull the trigger" and it was said with a laugh. I would agree, felt like 16lbs at least
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

I have one, I'll admit it. I even carry it, I'll admit that too. Mine is a newer one, desert tan frame and slide. Trigger is very long and very heavy. Think double action revolver (actually the P-11 is a double action only, non-exposed hammer fired pistol). 2nd strike capability. If you have larger hands like me, you'll like the thicker grip the P11 has. Smith and Wesson model 59 series mags fit, that's cool. Its been reliable with Hornady Critical defense rounds, and shoots Wolf at the range with pretty good accuracy. Slide is harder to pull back than most pistols. Women will not like this gun (probably). Sights are minuscule and non-night capable. I have close to 500 rounds through mine and only one failure to extract with Wolf ammo after rapid fire sessions and gun was very hot. I think its recommended not to dry fire it without a snap cap. Disassembly and reassembly are easy. For $150 its a nice knock-around gun that you can carry, stash, and use at the range. Interchange slides and frames without changing serial number.
    NRA Life member 2/6/2013

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by slinkwc2k View Post
    I have one, I'll admit it. I even carry it, I'll admit that too. Mine is a newer one, desert tan frame and slide. Trigger is very long and very heavy. Think double action revolver (actually the P-11 is a double action only, non-exposed hammer fired pistol). 2nd strike capability. If you have larger hands like me, you'll like the thicker grip the P11 has. Smith and Wesson model 59 series mags fit, that's cool. Its been reliable with Hornady Critical defense rounds, and shoots Wolf at the range with pretty good accuracy. Slide is harder to pull back than most pistols. Women will not like this gun (probably). Sights are minuscule and non-night capable. I have close to 500 rounds through mine and only one failure to extract with Wolf ammo after rapid fire sessions and gun was very hot. I think its recommended not to dry fire it without a snap cap. Disassembly and reassembly are easy. For $150 its a nice knock-around gun that you can carry, stash, and use at the range. Interchange slides and frames without changing serial number.

There is no shame is that amigo. Guns are a tool, not always a show piece. Nothing wrong about carrying a cheaper gun if you like it and works for you. I used to carry a Hi-Point and loved it. I think some people feel if you have a cheaper gun people may look down on you and if you have a high end one your now mr cool. I dont think thats the case when it comes to guns we carry, they all do the same thing at the end of the day.

(Lebanon County)

I have a p11 only problems I've had were due to a bad magazine. The trigger to me isn't worse than the sig p250 and I personally don't mind it. I carry mine all the time and never worry that it won't go bang.

(Bucks County)

I carry one as well and have several Keltecs. I had an issue with a P32 and Keltec fixed. I have never had a problem with any of them, they go bang every time. My S2K is really cool! $150 is a good price. Ktog.org is a good place to find info!

It seems everybody is copying keltec now a days!
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast