Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: SLCFSA Rule Changes

Quote Originally Posted by libertyof76 View Post
    "Namecalling" was a misstatement. I meant useless pictures with phrases that are meaningless.

no that was pretty self explanatory arging with you behind a computer for what seems to be common sense is pointless. If you don't get it you don't get it I'm not going to continue arguing the same points back and forth. It's a waste of time and energy.....sort of like arguing over the internet.

I disagree. I find both are just as useful. On a forum, you can consider your thoughts and revise your statements before posting them. You can do research to refute a point. Hard to do that in person.

But I will be there, with supporters.
    Well then we will see all of you there, again if you don't get it then you don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Why anybody would want to join a Fudd Club is beyond me.
    /thread. Nailed it one sentence.

I moved on to NHRPC... apparently I didn't get whatever "it" is.

(Chester County)

Re-reading this thread and I missed these posts. I think they need responded to.

Quote Originally Posted by egon12 View Post
    HKusp45:
    For the people that are bent out of shape about the three second rule it was necessary to revise the rapid fire rule to make it less vague and make it more in line with NRA RSO standards. The club has always had a rapid fire rule for as long as I can remember the problem was that it was written so vaguely and subject to various interpretations as to be un enforceable. I was one of the RSOs on the safety committee that revised our rapid fire rule. Let me say that there were more draconian rules on the table besides the three second rule, but in the best interest of the club and not to be a "range nazi" they were thrown in the trash heap of ideas. The three second rule is not unknown to other clubs in the area and we were trying to mirror that standard at SLCFSA.
    A couple things:

- Just because the club had a rule doesn't mean that it was a good rule
    - Just because there were more draconian rules on the table doesn't mean the rule we got is good
    - Just because other clubs have the rule doesn't mean its a good rule.

The bottom line is this. If you don't like the safety rule changes or the dues increase you got the right to complain about it. You have a few options to deal with it. 1. Put on your big boy pants, act like an adult and follow the rules just like everyone else. 2. Get more involved, work with the system in place and try to change the rules to more of your liking. 3. If you absolutely can not abide the rules do dues increase vote with your feet and move on to where the rules are more to your liking. There is a 2200 member cap at SLCFSA and there are more than enough people, come January, to take your place that are willing to abide by the rules.
    A couple things
    1. This country is built on not following unreasonable rules
    2. Working on that
    3. Sounds like a lot of people did that. It may have been the price increase (which I didn't mind), but I know membership is still open. Problem is once people realize we have this rule, a lot less are likely to come in.

The safety regs or SOP (standard operating procedure) for the club was rewritten to make it in the plainest language possible so everyone who is a member and their guests know what is expected of them while on the property. It was updated to satisfy the lawyers and insurance company in the situation if an accident would occur. Will the SOP protect the club from lawsuits, no, but it is proof to the lawyers and insurance company that set standards of behavior were in place and the person responsible for the accident is to blame, not necessarily the club as a whole.
    Except the rule is completely arbitrary and will do nothing to increase safety. It will cause people to ignore it, either themselves or if other do it. A more reasonable rule could have easily been implemented to satisfy the lawyers and insurance company.

I realize that you have an issue with our rapid fire rule, and I would invite you come up with a suggestion that would make the lawyers, insurance company, and the safety committee happy. If you have a better idea that holds water and will work I am all ears.
    Its actually not that hard- no mag dumps, and no uncontrolled rapid fire. That solves the problem without actually causing issues for the rest of the safe members.

People need to break out of their entitlement mentality and realize they do not live in a vacuum and their actions effect everyone around them.
    I feel like there is a big entitlement mentality at the club. "I show up to every meeting. I help out around the club every month. Only I should get to decide what 2200 members do. We don't need to tell them because they don't come." In fact, you and couple other members here posted things exactly like that.

As both I and blackseven have told you, life gets in the way. Letting members know this is a big issue, and they can come out and discuss it is much better than letting 20-30 people decide for everybody. Its hard to come up with a better idea when you don't ask the thousands of people that would be interested.

Everybody who asked for it is getting what they wished for: I'm now getting involved. Things will change. I've been in contact with the President. He is willing to work with us to find a solution. I greatly appreciate that. I honestly don't care about the drama. I don't care about who is being mean or name calling or who has an agenda or any of that. I want to do what is best for the club.

(Chester County)

I started a new thread focused just on changing the rule.

I'm hoping to get a lot of support for this.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789