Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: SLCFSA Rule Changes

I'm going to use this thread as a venue to overturn this silly and worthless rule. I play on attending the February meeting (seeing as this monthly meeting is next week I think that's too quick to organize something).

I never minded the price increase. But I hate silly rules that were created with the same mindset as our enemies.

Anybody with me?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by blackseven View Post
    Implying that everyone pulling the trigger faster that one round every three seconds is unsafely discharging a firearm sounds like something a gun-control wacko like Bloomberg would say. I did not renew my membership due to the direction the club has taken. I'm looking into some other ranges in the area that cater more to the modern sporting firearm competition crowd like New Holland rather than a Penn-dutch type club. It's sad to see the division among a group of enthusiasts that are all (should be) NRA members.

I really enjoyed my time at SLCFSA, and had some more thought been put into the safety and enforcement of people just looking to do a Mag dump, I'd still be going there. Good luck with the club. Very nice grounds and the majority of folks I ran into were very friendly and positive towards all shooting sports.
    sorry you feel that way and I for one understand were you are coming from. The attitude is not needed I agree. But we have some problems to be addressed. That is what meeting night is for it's only once a month you have a voice.....and we are NRA members....MAYBE BACK ROUND CHECKS ON NEW MEMBERS SHOULD BE DONE THAT IS FOOD FOR THOUGHT that will be brought up Thanks. We need feed back from our membership that is always welcome

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by libertyof76 View Post
    So then you support banning guns- because "of stupid things done by uncaring people unsafe acts and disrespect of others" right? I would like to respond to this garbage one time....You really missed the point......

That's not how it works. A small minority made the rules. I didn't agree to them. I'm not leaving. YOU need to leave if you don't like SANE rules. What the hell is that about?

Its OUR club- not yours. A small minority passed the rules, and now you seem to be happy to enforce that. What will you do when they get repealed? ARE YOU THAT NARROW MINED? DO YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING? If you have anything constructive to add to the club then by all means attend a few meetings we are not hard to get along with. We are trying to make everyone safe we are not Nazis. If a person does unsafe acts then everybody is in danger think about it.....I have seen a lot of DUMB SHIT YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED THATS WHY WE HAVE RULES TO FOLLOW........

So you have people enforcing rules supported by Bloomberg? How do they feel about that?
    What the HELL....YOU ARE NARROW MINED.....

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by range saftey officer View Post
    What the HELL....YOU ARE NARROW MINED.....
    Nope, I'm not the one putting the same restrictions on our own members that our enemies would love to see.

I assume you support banning silhouette targets too? I mean if we don't need to shoot more than every three seconds (who needs that in a defensive situation?) then why do we need silhouette targets? Maybe we should implement only 5 rounds in a mag and no semi auto's either, since stupid people do dumb stuff with them.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by libertyof76 View Post
    I'm going to use this thread as a venue to overturn this silly and worthless rule. I play on attending the February meeting (seeing as this monthly meeting is next week I think that's too quick to organize something).

I never minded the price increase. But I hate silly rules that were created with the same mindset as our enemies.

Anybody with me?
    I would love to help you brother but I left my membership expire with well over a decade of being a member at that club. I moved on to happier ranges.

(Berks County)

Could someone explane how shooting the same number and caliber of rounds slower makes less noise? Usually slowing people down is for property damage not noise abatement.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Could someone explane how shooting the same number and caliber of rounds slower makes less noise? Usually slowing people down is for property damage not noise abatement.
    Hello fellow shooters Gunswater hit the problem on the head.... I would like to explain something here . The three second rule was brought up because of uncontrolled fire ....not noise.... I was not told it was because of the noise....it was for safety. We have had people that buy weapons and come to our club [yours and mine] straifing the back stops and no control over the weapon at all. I like to rock and roll to but lets face it we cannot control what idiots do
    and that is the issue not noise... If you move to the county from the city can you do anything about the smell of shit being spread? that is the same point. Many time I have visited the range to find bullet holes in the ground leading up to the backstops frame blown away, and nobody repairing the damage except for the few people that always come out to work on repairs. I for one have done more to maintain the range than I shoot. The three second rule is dumb I agree.....double taps on the pistol range is allowed. Anybody that wants to challenge that rule has my full support but till that rule is changed we have to abide....till then shoot safe have fun and good day

Hello fellow shooters Gunswater hit the problem on the head.... I would like to explain something here . The three second rule was brought up because of uncontrolled fire ....not noise.... I was not told it was because of the noise....it was for safety. We have had people that buy weapons and come to our club [yours and mine] straifing the back stops and no control over the weapon at all. I like to rock and roll to but lets face it we cannot control what idiots do
    and that is the issue not noise... If you move to the county from the city can you do anything about the smell of shit being spread? that is the same point. Many time I have visited the range to find bullet holes in the ground leading up to the backstops frame blown away, and nobody repairing the damage except for the few people that always come out to work on repairs. I for one have done more to maintain the range than I shoot. The three second rule is dumb I agree.....double taps on the pistol range is allowed. Anybody that wants to challenge that rule has my full support but till that rule is changed we have to abide....till then shoot safe have fun and good day
    So why not handle this on a case by case basis? The fact that we're at this point where an over-reaction by the establishment by the actions of the extreme minority results in alienation of an entire group of members (Sound familiar? *cough cough obama cough*)

You agree? Want to make a statement? Don't enforce the ridiculous rules until they're reviewed and changed. Find someone shooting at the ground/over the backstop? Pull their goddamn membership immediately no appeal. Problem solved. I see what SLCFSA did as divisive, and by not printing anything in the newsletter prior to the vote as an attempt to suppress opposition from the modern sporting rifle crowd.

Take it as you want, it's just my 2 cents, but apparently it's shared by many others.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by blackseven View Post
    So why not handle this on a case by case basis? The fact that we're at this point where an over-reaction by the establishment by the actions of the extreme minority results in alienation of an entire group of members (Sound familiar? *cough cough obama cough*)

You agree? Want to make a statement? Don't enforce the ridiculous rules until they're reviewed and changed. Find someone shooting at the ground/over the backstop? Pull their goddamn membership immediately no appeal. Problem solved. I see what SLCFSA did as divisive, and by not printing anything in the newsletter prior to the vote as an attempt to suppress opposition from the modern sporting rifle crowd.

Take it as you want, it's just my 2 cents, but apparently it's shared by many others.
    I totally agree we need more input from the membership. We have so many members that will complain to each other but not to the directors I for one have told them but I am only one person, if more brought this to there attention something will be done. It took me along time to get my point across to them and it is frustrating to say the least when you are the only one saying something but it is said. I have pointed out so many things over the years and nothing done till they themselves see the problem. This club has many members but few make any effort to make changes this is our club yours and mine and anybody else who pays dues.....There are only a hand full of people who work at the club to make it what it is a safe place to shoot. With out these people we would not have this club. Out of 2000 plus members maybe 30 people do anything to improve it and they are the same people that show up when there is work to be done and I am one of them. That said lets all work together for the good of the club and look out for safety sake if we don't we won't have a club to shoot at........

(Lancaster County)

I totally agree we need more input from the membership. We have so many members that will complain to each other but not to the directors I for one have told them but I am only one person, if more brought this to there attention something will be done. It took me along time to get my point across to them and it is frustrating to say the least when you are the only one saying something but it is said. I have pointed out so many things over the years and nothing done till they themselves see the problem. This club has many members but few make any effort to make changes this is our club yours and mine and anybody else who pays dues.....There are only a hand full of people who work at the club to make it what it is a safe place to shoot. With out these people we would not have this club. Out of 2000 plus members maybe 30 people do anything to improve it and they are the same people that show up when there is work to be done and I am one of them. That said lets all work together for the good of the club and look out for safety sake if we don't we won't have a club to shoot at........
    You are bringing up one issue after another without speaking to the problem that liberyof76 brought up.

First it was "uncontrolled fire", then it was "shot up backstops and bullet holes in the ground." Now it's moved on to not enough people to help with range maintenance.

What does the multiple shot rule have to do with any of this? I can put some substantially hot loads in my pump action shotgun and destroy a backstop worse than any sort of semi/full auto rifle or pistol could do. Was this ever considered by those who added this rule unilaterally?

$75 is a lot to spend on a range, and when I do the math that should be more than enough to pay for a team to perform range maintenance weekly. Some of the retired guys would have something to do. And, again, if destroyed ranges are the problem that is indicative of something else. Adding RSOs is a good move. I would think with our dues paying for RSOs this would cut Dow. On idiot behavior. But, again, you don't punish th group for the sins of the few. Otherwise, what are we doing talking about gun rights at all?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast