Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Good Front door sign?

My front door when I bought my house had a cute little welcome sign on it. The previous owners stopped paying and were evicted (its a trailer they were evicted from the park). The park took ownership I bought it. Just found out the old owners are living in a motel up the street broke. I feel bad for them about it but when cleaning out the house found a bunch of anger management books. So it has me a little worried about them showing up some time.

So I'm the event they do, or any would be criminal, show up I want to replace the sign with something alerting them to the fact that this is a gun owners home. Just to ward them off.

Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good front door sign.

And obviously if a problem arose and a gun pull could be avoided I would try to.

So Any good sign suggestions? Gonna paint it myself probably so nothing too complex!

(Warren County)

Default Re: Good Front door sign?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMacabre9 View Post
    My front door when I bought my house had a cute little welcome sign on it. The previous owners stopped paying and were evicted (its a trailer they were evicted from the park). The park took ownership I bought it. Just found out the old owners are living in a motel up the street broke. I feel bad for them about it but when cleaning out the house found a bunch of anger management books. So it has me a little worried about them showing up some time.

So I'm the event they do, or any would be criminal, show up I want to replace the sign with something alerting them to the fact that this is a gun owners home. Just to ward them off.

Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good front door sign.

And obviously if a problem arose and a gun pull could be avoided I would try to.

So Any good sign suggestions? Gonna paint it myself probably so nothing too complex!
    Advertising that you have guns in the house is not a great idea for 2 reasons:
    1) it's a burglar magnet
    2) it can be used against you by an activist prosecutor if you ever have to use the gun on an intruder.

I advise people to stay under the radar.

Of course I have a target and bullet catcher in my back yard, so I am familiar with saying A and doing B.

If it weren't for double standards, I would have no standards at all..

I do live in a very rural area, though. We're ALL armed. It's very peaceful here.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    If it weren't for double standards, I would have no standards at all.
    Just added that one to my list of 'isms' for later use.

Hokkmike Guest

Not to be funny - but from the interview of a captured, time served, and reformed HOUSE-BREAKER on TV, the most effective deterrent sign seems to be "BEWARE OF DOG".

(Bucks County)

i wouldn't advertise you have firearms in the home by placing a sign outside for all to see. i think it's unlikely the previous owners will return and if they did i doubt a sign would deter them. since they're broke it might even encourage them or others to return when you're not home, break-in, steal your gun and then ransack your home. best to stay under the rader and deal with any issues if/when they arise.

(Allegheny County)

The sign should read as follows:

Warning: Medical Contagion Patient!
    Do not enter without Level 5 decontamination equipment.

Put a little radioactive symbol on there too - they will not know the difference. Also add the phone number of the local police. If your "friends" call it, there will be a record of it.

(Mercer County)

IMHO no sign would be the best sign...I have never been bothered with unwanted visitors. I find my two Ridgebacks are a great deterrent no one wants to mess with 'em or their property.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Lackawanna County)

Do us gun owners a favor...

Don't put a sign on your trailer park home announcing you own guns.

A second piece of advice...if the former owners left any furniture, don't turn it into your lawn furniture.

We don't need to give fodder to the stereotype of the gun owning simpleton who lives in a trailer park.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    The sign should read as follows:

Warning: Medical Contagion Patient!
    Do not enter without Level 5 decontamination equipment.

Put a little radioactive symbol on there too - they will not know the difference. Also add the phone number of the local police. If your "friends" call it, there will be a record of it.
    That might work! I'm gonna' do that.

I'll add some yellow "Police Crime Scene" tape around the house & then maybe those damn pesky people from Publishers Clearing House will quit bothering me.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Advertising that you have guns in the house is not a great idea for 2 reasons:
    1) it's a burglar magnet
    So thieves instead of being scared away by having to face an armed home owner are actually motivated to break in? Doesn't this go against everything gun owners have been saying? Heck, mere racking of a shotgun was supposed to scare them away.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast