Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Pro-gun rights Milwaukee sheriff leading rival in heated primary

A Wisconsin county sheriff whose outspoken pro-Second Amendment views turned his re-election campaign into a battle between gun control groups and the National Rifle Association was leading early Wednesday in a close fight against his Democratic primary challenger.

With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. had garnered 52 percent of the vote to 48 percent for Chris Moews, a Milwaukee police lieutenant. Clarke's margin was over 4,600 votes out of nearly 109,000 cast. However, Moews refused to concede, saying that there were over 6,000 absentee votes that had yet to be counted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cmp=latestnews

Looks like Bloomberg wasted a lot of $$.
    MikeP

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Pro-gun rights Milwaukee sheriff leading rival in heated primary

Waddaya bet that votes will 'suddenly appear' for Moews...

There's a lot of Bloomburg money on Moews, from what I understand.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by dsnover View Post
    Waddaya bet that votes will 'suddenly appear' for Moews...

There's a lot of Bloomburg money on Moews, from what I understand.
    "over 6,000 absentee votes that had yet to be counted" is the part that worries me.
    MikeP

(Washington County)

$100,000-$200,000 is nothing for Bloomberg. He probably spends that on manicures.

This will not discourage him at all. He almost pulled it off.

Don't forget, Bloomberg still sees Colorado as a big win even though the electorate is revolting and throwing gun grabbers out of office. Their ban and registration scheme in Colorado is now law and they know that's all that counts.

(Carbon County)

A pro-gun incumbent sheriff in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, beat back the anti-gun money of former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to win his primary contest for re-election by a handy margin, 52-48 percent.

Sheriff David Clarke, a Democrat, is now almost sure to win in November because no Republican is challenging him, The Washington Post reported.

The race took on national tones just last week when Mr. Bloomberg — who helps head the Mayors Against Illegal Guns group and who has taken up a personal crusade to scale back Second Amendment rights — threw in $150,000 to defeat Sheriff Clarke.

That amount was more than what Sheriff Clarke and his opponent, Chris Moews, spent on their entire campaigns, The Post reported.

But Mr. Bloomberg’s efforts to sway voters down the anti-gun path failed.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3AHn2ubCG

(Montgomery County)

Default Wisconsin Sheriff wins primary despite Bloomberg's opposition

It's disgusting how much money Bloomberg will spend to deteriorate our rights instead of addressing actual problems. This Sheriff Clark seems like a pretty great guy. I'm sure this will also tickle Democrat Gun Owner.

"Sheriff Clarke made national headlines with a public service ad in 2013 in which Townhall reported he stated, in part: “I’m Sheriff David Clarke and I want to talk to you about something personal: Your safety. It’s no longer a spectator sport. I need you in the game. But are you ready? With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option. … Consider taking a certified safety course in handling of firearms, so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We’re partners now. Can I count on you?”'

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3AICePs6u
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    Opera Non Verba

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Wisconsin Sheriff wins primary despite Bloomberg's opposition

Funny thing about this story is that you won't see it on most of the MSM web sites. They are still more concerned with Robin Williams.
    MikeP

(Monroe County)

Once plan "B" goes into action and some background issue real/imagined or created suddenly pops up to question the Sheriffs integrity then Bloomturd will dump more money. He is used to getting his way at any cost.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    A Wisconsin county sheriff whose outspoken pro-Second Amendment views turned his re-election campaign into a battle between gun control groups and the National Rifle Association was leading early Wednesday in a close fight against his Democratic primary challenger.

With 100 percent of precincts reporting, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. had garnered 52 percent of the vote to 48 percent for Chris Moews, a Milwaukee police lieutenant. Clarke's margin was over 4,600 votes out of nearly 109,000 cast. However, Moews refused to concede, saying that there were over 6,000 absentee votes that had yet to be counted.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...cmp=latestnews

Looks like Bloomberg wasted a lot of $$.
    Yeah, the 6,000 "Absentee" votes could be a problem. They could become conveniently all for the Democrat. Or not.

Mr. Clarke's lawyers best be on their game.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennStateCarry View Post
    It's disgusting how much money Bloomberg will spend to deteriorate our rights instead of addressing actual problems. This Sheriff Clark seems like a pretty great guy. I'm sure this will also tickle Democrat Gun Owner.

"Sheriff Clarke made national headlines with a public service ad in 2013 in which Townhall reported he stated, in part: “I’m Sheriff David Clarke and I want to talk to you about something personal: Your safety. It’s no longer a spectator sport. I need you in the game. But are you ready? With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option. … Consider taking a certified safety course in handling of firearms, so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We’re partners now. Can I count on you?”'
    <snip>
    AWESOME quote. Wish more LEOs felt that way.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast