Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Perry County)

Default Federal Judge Rules AR-15′s Are “Dangerous and Unusual,” Not Protected by 2A

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/court-...2nd-amendment/

In what looks to be a terrible ruling for Maryland gun owners a federal judge has essentially ruled that guns that were regulated by the state of Maryland last year, including AR-15 and AK style rifles (as well as other magazine fed, semi-auto rifles with certain features), “fall outside Second Amendment protection as dangerous and unusual arms,” according to a 47 page opinion by U.S. District Judge Catherine C. Blake.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Federal Judge Rules AR-15′s Are “Dangerous and Unusual,” Not Protected by 2A

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    http://gunssavelives.net/blog/court-...2nd-amendment/

In what looks to be a terrible ruling for Maryland gun owners a federal judge has essentially ruled that guns that were regulated by the state of Maryland last year, including AR-15 and AK style rifles (as well as other magazine fed, semi-auto rifles with certain features), “fall outside Second Amendment protection as dangerous and unusual arms,” according to a 47 page opinion by U.S. District Judge Catherine C. Blake.
    Oh no!!!!!!

Default Re: Federal Judge Rules AR-15′s Are “Dangerous and Unusual,” Not Protected by 2A

What makes them dangerous or unusual? Furthermore, the Second Amendment doesn't say anything about dangerous or unusual, it says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

(Montgomery County)

Gun grabbing witch. Poor Maryland gun enthusiasts... I have some in laws down there and one of them is a big gun collector.. good thing he's got the money to spend on stuff before they go extinct down there.

Read the article, you can read the judges personal biases throughout. This is why we can never rest on our laurels and keep vigilant. I think I am going to buy someone else an NRA membership tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    What makes them dangerous or unusual? Furthermore, the Second Amendment doesn't say anything about dangerous or unusual, it says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
    All guns are pretty much dangerous, I wonder where the judge would like to see this go. hmmmmmmm

more commies and their version.

A falcon punch to the uterus would be dangerous and unusual.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(York County)

I wonder if this ruling would stand review/appeal at a higher court level? I'm no attorney, but this seems to directly go against Miller vs. US, the 1930s legal decision that stated that restricted weapons can only be applied to firearms that "are not commonly held arms".

Since the AR 15 is widely reported to be the most commonly owned centerfire rifle in the USA, this one clearly goes against the language of the SCOTUS ruling.

On the other hand, could this be a trial ballon to see if the antis can get a reinterpretation of the Miller case? Worse, it could be used to justify the eventual seizure of existing, legally held firearms.

I guess a lot depends on will this ruling be appealed to a higher court.

(Perry County)

Her decision flies in the face of Miller. The reasoning in Miller was that sawed-off shotguns weren't militia weapons and therefor weren't protected by the 2A.

Here's hoping she comes down with a raging case of cancer. And before anyone admonishes me, I always wish for the enemies of liberty to die long, painful deaths due to incurable disease. It's my thing.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; August 12th, 2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: compassion
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Chester County)

Time to buy up all the ammo again.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast