Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default Re: What would you have done?

Quote Originally Posted by LordTobias View Post
    I've experienced way more crazy shit than I care to recall right now in this city (Philadelphia). Believe me, when I'm able to I'm getting the hell out of here. It's a veritable cesspool of some of the worst kinds of people here.

Honestly, some of you wouldn't believe some of the insane shit I've encountered since I was a teen. I'm really, really fortunate I had and still have a great role model in my dad. He taught me well; no matter what happens, keep a clear head and react quickly. I'm not saying I'm perfect and that I always make the best decisions -- I fully understand that being out late at night means there's an increased chance of coming across crazy people, but I do my best to steer clear of trouble.

Anyways. Anyone else have a similar encounter? If so, what happened and how did you react?

I might start a thread to see what kind of training/general experience people have. I'm always curious about that.
    I was making a delivery at 3 am in Miami once with my .38 in the cup holder ready to go. Coming up to the last light where I would turn left, which had just turned red, I saw an individual running from the other side of the intersection towards me. The intersection was clear so I dropped a gear and kept going, just missing the individual with my bumper. He attempted to grab the drivers side mirror but I was going a bit fast and the poor fellow ended up sprawled on the street.

Of course I already had the pistol in my hand and had he gotten a hold of the mirror and pulled himself on the step I was going to shove that gun in his face and give him one last chance to get off. Thankfully everything went the way it did, but I was prepared to do what had to be done.
    Last edited by Defender; August 15th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.