Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Best AR Guy in the Pgh. Area?

Looking for the best AR gunsmith in and around the Pittsburgh area.

Default Re: Best AR Guy in the Pgh. Area?

Quote Originally Posted by 1832 View Post
    Looking for the best AR gunsmith in and around the Pittsburgh area.
    lycanthrope on the forum here probably, but he isnt a licensed gunsmith. ARs are super easy there isn't anything that can't be done in your basement with them as far as assembly goes, you find your parts and get it together, and fixing them is rather cheap and most all parts are interchangeable.

not sure what your looking for or if you have a problem with and AR you have already but chances are we can save u tons of money on an AR by showing you the way, us pgh PAFOAers have gone AR crazy lately

if you are set on a gunsmith try to get intouch with keith at high tech handguns on rt.19 in cranberry (only talk to him or walt trust me). They have limited hours mostly only sat. and one other day and he doesn't really do anything that you couldn't quite easily learn to do besides charge you money but none the less he knows an AR.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Best AR Guy in the Pgh. Area?

I 2nd XD's reply. AR's aren't like 1911's where you have to file peices to make them fit. Any quality manufacturer's part should fit with any other's quality manufacturer's part (except that pesky large/small hole thing w/ colt receivers). There are plenty of diagrams, parts lists, etc online.

If you are even slightly mechanically inclined you can do it and the tools list is short. I built one with a bench vice, blocks of pine(my receiver block), an armorer's wrench($35), brass punches ($12), a hammer, a razorblade, and a torque wrench (I think that's everything). If you don't have a specific tool, ask around on the forum, someone may be able to loan or even help you out.

'High Tech Handguns' is now 'High Tech Supply' - and definitely talk to the gunsmiths XD mentioned and no one else at that particular shop.