Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NCCSC

Hybrid View

(Chester County)

Question NCCSC

Anyone attend tonight's member meeting? I realize I'm leaving that rather open-ended, but I have my reasons.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: NCCSC

I missed last night, I'm having procedure done this morning. I'm interested to know what happened.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Chester County)

It was a late night. 10:30 by time we did the raffles. We could have been there for hours more most likely.

(Chester County)

Unhappy Re: NCCSC

As a new member, I must say I'm a little discouraged about how the club appears to be operating. I know nothing of the past events other than what surfaced that night, nor have any affiliation with anyone at the club so I'm hoping the drama gets sorted out and any wrong-doing is made right.

(Chester County)

I too am a newer member. I joined 1-1/2 years ago. For the few meetings I have been to I had some concerns. The club went from 100 people(10 years ago) to just under 800ish. There are a lot of personal agendas on the property. I have seen at another club, rapid growth is tough.

I feel bad for any new members joining in the last 4 or 5 months. It does not have the appearance of well run facility. Which could not be further from the truth. A lot of people donate time, money and skills. Everything should shake out over the next 6 months. I hope.

As another club member said to me. Forget the crap, don't read the meeting minutes or go to the meetings. Use the facility. I don't agree but it is an easy option. Hang in there.

(Berks County)

Gentlemen

I've been a member of NCCSC for 4-5 years and Monday's meeting was a first for me. The last few meetings have been longer and more dramatic than normal. I hope as most of the members probably feel that this issue is resolved quickly. I'm not a member of the board or a trustee or anything other than one of the many members that enjoys the club. On my behalf sorry that it wasn't our best moment.

The club is filled with great people that quietly contribute to the club in many ways and go about their business without any fanfare. There is an open to the public trap shoot on Thursday nights, Women on Target, Appleseed for the kiddies, a youth shoot for 16 and under, indoor shooting range and a half dozen other sponsored events we host. In late September, we have our annual picnic with a raffle for various prizes (guns, rifles, ammo, etc.). All of these events are put together with volunteers and the goal is always an enjoyable event for guests and members alike.

This Saturday is a work weekend and we have a great group of guys and gals that come out to pitch in and get things done. We start at 9:00 and I'm sure if you chat with the folks that are there, they'll say the same thing...great club with great people...just having to work thru a few things.

Let me know if you have any questions or can help you when you're up at the club. Tomorrow night is a trap night. Here's another good example of the good folks pitching in. The normal trap machine was malfunctioning last week, we had a back up on the club grounds. The folks used the back up and were even shooting doubles for awhile. This week the same crew ordered and installed the needed parts for the normal one to be used tomorrow. That's smart people organized to prevent guests and member from being denied a good night of trap. All done behind the scenes until I mentioned it.

Well now time to clean the guns and go enjoy the ranges...during the week you can usually have a whole place to yourself...lol

TDSjr

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Silverado View Post

As another club member said to me. Forget the crap, don't read the meeting minutes or go to the meetings. Use the facility. I don't agree but it is an easy option. Hang in there.
    I find it interesting that another member told you not to read the meeting minutes or attend meetings. Under Article 12 of the bylaws it states the following; “Duties of members. It shall be the duty of each member to attend the meetings as regularly as possible, and assist as best they may to support and develop the objectives for which this club stands.”

Since this person’s comment is directly contradictory to what the bylaws say I have to wonder about their motives for making such a statement.

Everyone should ask themselves this. Why would it be a bad thing for members of an organization to read meeting minutes, attend meetings or ask questions of the board of directors?
    Last edited by HenrikGeorge124; August 27th, 2014 at 02:18 PM.

(Chester County)

It’s been a while since my last post and some disturbing developments have taken place.

The illegitimate committee investigating members involved in signing or sending the letter regarding the clubs tax status have handed out the punishment.

Each person signing the letter was “sentenced” to volunteer by helping out at work days or club events.

The least of the punishments anyone received was 3 days and the most was 12 days.

Each person is suspended from using the facilities, voting or running for office until the sentence is complete. This is convenient timing since this year will be the first time in 22 years the President has been challenged. It should be noted that everyone on the letter feels he should be replaced.

The individual must get permission to participate from whoever is running the event prior to showing up.

If the individual displays any negativity during the work day it will not count toward fulfilling their sentence.

If the “sentence” is not complete by the end of renewal period next year they will not be allowed to renew. This is against the bylaws as well as state law.

After completing the “sentence” the member may re-apply to be a member in good standing. I have never heard of anyone being required to do this and do not have any idea how one would do it as there are no provisions for such a thing in the bylaws.

It should be noted that there is no written privacy policy covering the supposed infraction.

Some of these people were given this punishment for signing a letter informing the members of the clubs tax status but were not involved in sending the letter.

The board has also decided that this year only one member of each family membership will be allowed to cast a vote in the election. In the past each adult in the family membership (husband and wife) were allowed to vote. This is a convenient change to the rules one month before the elections where the President will be challenged for the first time in 22 years.

The nomination committee made its nominations for the election at Monday nights meeting as well. If the election goes as the board would like there will be three family members on the board. Two of those family members will be in key positions as Treasurer and Recording Secretary. Having three family members on the board is not in the best interest of the members.

Former VP Bill Dunn made nominations from the floor. He nominated himself for President, Rob Steiner as First VP, Alex Macfarlane as Second VP and Renee Ruhlman as Recording secretary. Since that night Rob Steiner has removed himself from nomination.

The positions of Treasurer, Membership Secretary, First VP, First and Second trustee are still available if anyone would like to step up to help the club move into the future.

I am asking all members reading this to please come out on November 3rd and vote for the future of your club.

(Chester County)

(ADVISORY) Henrik you forgot to mention that the former VP Bill Dunn quit in the middle of his term with literally no explanation and does not come to anything at the club.I guess you just forgot to mention this with his run for President of NCCSC.Just saying.

(Chester County)

I was at the meeting in August when the Treasurer and VP resigned. They both read letters explaining why they resigned to the members who were there. I picked up copies of both statements because I did not catch everything that was said. They are attached.

I received an email yesterday that informed me of a website that seems to have a lot of documentation of the events that are being discussed in this thread. Everyone should check it out for themselves. http://nccscfriends.com/
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast