Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NCCSC

(Chester County)

Question NCCSC

Anyone attend tonight's member meeting? I realize I'm leaving that rather open-ended, but I have my reasons.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: NCCSC

I missed last night, I'm having procedure done this morning. I'm interested to know what happened.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Chester County)

It was a late night. 10:30 by time we did the raffles. We could have been there for hours more most likely.

(Chester County)

Unhappy Re: NCCSC

As a new member, I must say I'm a little discouraged about how the club appears to be operating. I know nothing of the past events other than what surfaced that night, nor have any affiliation with anyone at the club so I'm hoping the drama gets sorted out and any wrong-doing is made right.

(Chester County)

I too am a newer member. I joined 1-1/2 years ago. For the few meetings I have been to I had some concerns. The club went from 100 people(10 years ago) to just under 800ish. There are a lot of personal agendas on the property. I have seen at another club, rapid growth is tough.

I feel bad for any new members joining in the last 4 or 5 months. It does not have the appearance of well run facility. Which could not be further from the truth. A lot of people donate time, money and skills. Everything should shake out over the next 6 months. I hope.

As another club member said to me. Forget the crap, don't read the meeting minutes or go to the meetings. Use the facility. I don't agree but it is an easy option. Hang in there.

(Berks County)

Gentlemen

I've been a member of NCCSC for 4-5 years and Monday's meeting was a first for me. The last few meetings have been longer and more dramatic than normal. I hope as most of the members probably feel that this issue is resolved quickly. I'm not a member of the board or a trustee or anything other than one of the many members that enjoys the club. On my behalf sorry that it wasn't our best moment.

The club is filled with great people that quietly contribute to the club in many ways and go about their business without any fanfare. There is an open to the public trap shoot on Thursday nights, Women on Target, Appleseed for the kiddies, a youth shoot for 16 and under, indoor shooting range and a half dozen other sponsored events we host. In late September, we have our annual picnic with a raffle for various prizes (guns, rifles, ammo, etc.). All of these events are put together with volunteers and the goal is always an enjoyable event for guests and members alike.

This Saturday is a work weekend and we have a great group of guys and gals that come out to pitch in and get things done. We start at 9:00 and I'm sure if you chat with the folks that are there, they'll say the same thing...great club with great people...just having to work thru a few things.

Let me know if you have any questions or can help you when you're up at the club. Tomorrow night is a trap night. Here's another good example of the good folks pitching in. The normal trap machine was malfunctioning last week, we had a back up on the club grounds. The folks used the back up and were even shooting doubles for awhile. This week the same crew ordered and installed the needed parts for the normal one to be used tomorrow. That's smart people organized to prevent guests and member from being denied a good night of trap. All done behind the scenes until I mentioned it.

Well now time to clean the guns and go enjoy the ranges...during the week you can usually have a whole place to yourself...lol

TDSjr

(Chester County)

My wife and sister just recently took a Women on Target class there a couple months ago and are planning on taking the next one coming up in the fall. We have discussed about joining the club beings we are only about 10-15 minutes away, but reading this seems somewhat discouraging, turn people away, dont do it kind of feeling. Is it just different personalities clashing? Different views from different members on how stuff should be run or how it should be?

(Montgomery County)

The club itself is fine. There's some politicking going on. The cadre needs to just clean it up.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Chester County)

Its a good place to shoot, but there are a lot of problems with the way that the club is being managed right now.

(Chester County)

I have been a member since 2009, and have not been involved in any of the issues. From what I hear it sounds like a bit of a cluster right now. A friend of mine attended the last meeting, and left very un-impressed with what is going on, and how it could affect the future of the club. I am hopeful things will get sorted out, and there will be no long term detriment to the club. It has been a great place to shoot, and everyone I have met while shooting at the range has been friendly, and safe.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast