Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NCCSC

(Chester County)

Default Re: NCCSC

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Silverado View Post

As another club member said to me. Forget the crap, don't read the meeting minutes or go to the meetings. Use the facility. I don't agree but it is an easy option. Hang in there.
    I find it interesting that another member told you not to read the meeting minutes or attend meetings. Under Article 12 of the bylaws it states the following; “Duties of members. It shall be the duty of each member to attend the meetings as regularly as possible, and assist as best they may to support and develop the objectives for which this club stands.”

Since this person’s comment is directly contradictory to what the bylaws say I have to wonder about their motives for making such a statement.

Everyone should ask themselves this. Why would it be a bad thing for members of an organization to read meeting minutes, attend meetings or ask questions of the board of directors?
    Last edited by HenrikGeorge124; August 27th, 2014 at 02:18 PM.

(Montgomery County)

The problem with the minutes, is that it's not current, on the members section of the website. No July or august is posted. I've been away because of a chronic illness that has been active this year. Its frustrating.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Chester County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerwolf View Post
    The problem with the minutes, is that it's not current, on the members section of the website. No July or august is posted. I've been away because of a chronic illness that has been active this year. Its frustrating.
    It is beyond frustrating. I know of several members who have asked for the missing minutes from August through December of last year, which still have not been posted.
    The current Recording Secretary was elected in November 2013 and it’s my understanding that the club purchased a lap top for their use prior to their first meeting in order to make the job easier. The first meeting minutes this person was responsible for keeping (December 2013) are still not on the website almost eight months later. The January meeting minutes references these missing minutes stating; “Old Minutes: Motion to suspend reading of minutes 2nd and passed”.
    The way they do it now, the August minutes will not be posted until after the September meeting. The minutes should be available to the members before the next meeting in some fashion (the easiest would be posting to the website) so the members can read what they are voting into the record. There is no good reason the July minutes are not posted.
    Has anyone ever seen the meeting minutes from a board meeting? Why aren’t they posted for members to read?

(Berks County)

Ladies and Gentlemen

I agree with most of what has been mentioned in this thread. The last meeting in question was one of the club's less than stellar events. I am neither a member of the board or a trustee. I'm just one of the many volunteers to help out at the club. On my behalf please accept my apologizes for the last meeting. I know I'm not the only one feeling the same way.

We've held numerous events over the last eight months; Women on Target, Youth Shoot, Trap, Indoor Shoots, Appleseed and a host of other events. Can you judge the entire club on one meeting or event? I hope not.

As mentioned above, the meeting minutes are not currently viewable on the members page last time I checked. Has anyone considered volunteering to assist in getting the minutes published? Approaching the individual responsible for getting that information up on the web page or asking the board if they can help. I personally don't read any of the past meeting minutes but I'm sure for some members there might be useful information. Maybe they are available and we are just overlooking them? The next meeting is Monday night. Maybe before the meeting grab someone with a tablet and see if the notes are posted up?

I believe there are also board members available at several of the events the club has at any time...Indoor shoots (restarting tonight after the volunteers completely rebuild the range) Trap on Thursday night or the monthly Balloon shoot? Have you tried reaching out to them?

Just as this web site is run by volunteers, the NCCSC is run by volunteers. Are there things we as a club can improve upon....Absolutely! For me personally, I attend the meetings I can make, volunteer when I can and generally enjoy the use of the facilities. I believe any member of the club has the freedom to bring up any issues they may have with the board or fellow members. As the club as grown in the last few years those growing pains increase. I also think that the manner an individual presents your differences should be professional and polite. Screaming and yelling by anyone should be frowned upon...

Let's face facts...the club has been around for 60+ years. I hope it's in place for another 60 years. Only thru involvement of the membership does this happen. I'd hate to see potential new members afraid to join knowing that the current issues will hopefully be worked out with all parties involved and the good of the club will be the goal of all involved.

For those members of this forum that may read thru this posting feel free to PM me if you like and ask me for a tour of the facility, ask about what's going on and what we can do better. I'd be more than willing to be a voice if someone would like assistance to be heard.

Respectfully

TDSjr

(Chester County)

In addition to the political crap, yes crap, that is going on within the club, I see another growing problem. It seems in the summer months every weekend the ranges, and facilities are being used for courses, and are essentially closed for use by members. Then there are work days on Saturday which are necessary, but take another weekend day out of the month in which you can use the ranges. I can only surmise that revenue is now more important than the ability for club members to use the ranges on weekends in the summer when it is actually nice to shoot outside.

Maybe another pistol range can be constructed just for courses which would free up the other ranges for member use on weekends. After all, most of us work during the week, and only have time on weekends to shoot. I plan to attend the next few meetings to voice my concerns, and also vote in the upcoming elections.

(Berks County)

Pilot

See ya on Monday night. Hoping it starts on time and ends at a decent hour. If I'm not mistaken there are plans to dig out an additional pistol range.

I'm hoping the ranges are open this weekend....I got a free weekend and ammo for a change!

TDSjr

(Montgomery County)

I plan to be there monday, I got to hand in my raffle tix, and see what's going on.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Berks County)

jager

cutting it close to the finish line...lol! hoping the tickets stay on top?

TDSjr

(Chester County)

I typed a response once to Henrik and Jagerwolf but held back. I am frustrated about the minutes too, but everybody is a volunteer. Nobody gets paid for their time. So while I do wish the information was up there in a timely manner. There are only 24 hours in a day. I wish I could volunteer to a position but currently that would not be possible. So I will stand by and step in when I can.

For those thinking about becoming a member. Do it! As other have said there are a lot of different shooting programs, run by some very generous and knowledgeable men and women. And with these programs we become stewards to others to wish to gain information.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TDSjr View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen

I agree with most of what has been mentioned in this thread. The last meeting in question was one of the club's less than stellar events. I am neither a member of the board or a trustee. I'm just one of the many volunteers to help out at the club. On my behalf please accept my apologizes for the last meeting. I know I'm not the only one feeling the same way.

We've held numerous events over the last eight months; Women on Target, Youth Shoot, Trap, Indoor Shoots, Appleseed and a host of other events. Can you judge the entire club on one meeting or event? I hope not.

As mentioned above, the meeting minutes are not currently viewable on the members page last time I checked. Has anyone considered volunteering to assist in getting the minutes published? Approaching the individual responsible for getting that information up on the web page or asking the board if they can help. I personally don't read any of the past meeting minutes but I'm sure for some members there might be useful information. Maybe they are available and we are just overlooking them? The next meeting is Monday night. Maybe before the meeting grab someone with a tablet and see if the notes are posted up?

I believe there are also board members available at several of the events the club has at any time...Indoor shoots (restarting tonight after the volunteers completely rebuild the range) Trap on Thursday night or the monthly Balloon shoot? Have you tried reaching out to them?

Just as this web site is run by volunteers, the NCCSC is run by volunteers. Are there things we as a club can improve upon....Absolutely! For me personally, I attend the meetings I can make, volunteer when I can and generally enjoy the use of the facilities. I believe any member of the club has the freedom to bring up any issues they may have with the board or fellow members. As the club has grown in the last few years those growing pains increase. I also think that the manner an individual presents your differences should be professional and polite. Screaming and yelling by anyone should be frowned upon...

Let's face facts...the club has been around for 60+ years. I hope it's in place for another 60 years. Only thru involvement of the membership does this happen. I'd hate to see potential new members afraid to join knowing that the current issues will hopefully be worked out with all parties involved and the good of the club will be the goal of all involved.

For those members of this forum that may read thru this posting feel free to PM me if you like and ask me for a tour of the facility, ask about what's going on and what we can do better. I'd be more than willing to be a voice if someone would like assistance to be heard.

Respectfully

TDSjr

Thanks for your contributions TDSjr.

Describing the resignations of the Treasurer and First Vice President due to improper behavior of other board members as “less than stellar” is an understatement. It appears there are serious problems with how some board members have acted not to mention the tax issues which no one wants to discuss.

Did you listen to the statements that were read at the last meeting?

This is not about one meeting. The recording secretary ran for election to the position they hold, they were not forced to do it. If they need help doing their job they should say so or let someone else do the job. In June several members sent certified letters to the President, Treasurer and recording secretary asking for hand written notes, meeting minutes and financial documents, including tax filings. They never received the courtesy of a response let alone the information they were lawfully requesting.

In the May meeting a member was asking some hard questions of the board and an attempt was made to intimidate him into shutting up or leaving. He has not returned to any meetings since.

He told another member he fears retaliation if he continues to speak out and question the board.

At the may board meeting the board conspired to have one of the instructors make a motion to vote to expel the Membership Secretary in the beginning of the June regular meeting so that no one else could make a motion for a lesser punishment.

At the June meeting after the Membership Secretary won his expulsion vote, which requires a two thirds majority in order to expel, he was told he was indefinitely suspended. Under item #9 in the document handed out to members at the June meeting entitled “NCCSC Recommendation for expulsion of member John Muller -6/2/2014”, which was produced by the board, it states the following; “The board then informed John that he was immediately suspended from NCCSC pending the outcome of the vote to expel
    and was not enter the property”. In the boards own words Johns suspension was not indefinite.

Before the start of the July meeting a former Vice President and frequent volunteer at club events shouted out in frustration about the fact that the police were called to remove the sitting membership secretary from the meeting. Due to this he was recently told he would not be allowed to participate in an instructor training event sponsored by the club because he was not mentally stable enough to be an NRA instructor!

In the July meeting another former Vice President and one of very few life members of the club made a motion, which was seconded, to allow the suspended Membership Secretary back into the meeting (he was asked to leave by the PSP) in order to work out all issues in front of the membership. He was told by the President that the motion was out of order and it was not allowed to be voted on.

In the July meeting the board informed the members that new range rules were in place. The membership was never given the opportunity to discuss these new rules nor vote on them. If you read the April meeting minutes you will see that the President felt it necessary for the members to vote on something as insignificant to the average member as stone for the parking lots but he does not feel they should be able to vote on new range rules.

In the August meeting an instructor made a motion which was seconded to form a committee to investigate and dole out punishment to the signatories of an unofficial letter (which included the former Vice President/Life member and two trustees) that was sent to the membership and anyone else the committee decided was involved with the letter, up to and including expulsion.

The bylaws are specific as to how a member can be expelled and say nothing about being able to suspend a member, however the President allowed the vote to take place saying that the bylaws did not say they could not do it. The instructor who made the motion could not pronounce nor define the word “adjudicate” which was in his motion that was written on the piece of paper he was reading from.

The state police have been called onto the property for each of the last three meetings under the premise of a suspended member possibly being dangerous. On at least one occasion 911 was called! Nothing that has occurred at the club has required police involvement and to call them under false pretenses is beyond irresponsible.

There is much more at stake here than “things we as a club can improve upon”.

New members need to consider what they are getting into.
    Last edited by HenrikGeorge124; September 4th, 2014 at 02:38 PM. Reason: grammar

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast