Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Chiappa MC14

(Chester County)

Default Chiappa MC14

Duty size .380s are pretty few and far between. Had the opportunity to fondle one at the last oaks gun show. Slide feels like its riding on glass and the gun is super tight. I can find a few retailers selling the pistol but cannot find any reviews. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I am looking to add one to my collection. Also I am not very familiar with the brand. Good/ bad?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Chiappa MC14

I guess if its a just because purchase I would say go a head and buy. I myself don't see a point to a full size duty gun in 380.

As for Chiappa Ive owned a few

22 cal 1911 sucked and felt like junk

1873 single action 22 good for a $136 gun new

Chiappa little badger .22 mag awesome and still own.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Chester County)

I agree for self defense its a pretty lame option but one of the resons I want such a pistol is for teaching my younger daughters and small statured realitives - some of whom have medical conditions making recoil painful. Thanks for the feedback though. Seems chiappa is a hit or miss brand.

(Lehigh County)

Very valid reasoning I stand corrected then for those reasons yeah its a good option. I think you hit it right on the head they are hit or miss but for $380 it might be worth a shot.

Another thought is a bersa thunder 380 I've had 3 or 4 over the last 10 years great guns feel great in hand and quality is good. There not a pocket gun so range use is a pleasure. $299 new $150-$199 used most places. I'm in the market my self for another very comfortable to carry.
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Chester County)

I have fired and considered those. The chiappa is all steel and has some heft to it. I feel it will soak up some of the recoil better than the bersa but I may lean that route if this turns out to be a lemon. If you get a chance, handle one of these as they feel very well built especially for the price range. Thanks for the suggestions.