Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Encoutner In Delaware at shop rite and Bjs wholesale club

I hope this is the right place.

Hello all. The following occurred in Delaware as such my wife posted it on a board that she has an account on that she uses to sell some of our products. Unfortunately she is not welcomed to post there in spite of this being very relevant to open carry. I am not trying to tick anyone off, just simply stating.

As some know me here I do call things like I see them and some people do not like that. My opinions on crime, demographics, voting and illegal immigration rubbed some people the wrong way and I can live with that. Sadly many of those opinions have since been proven right.

Anway as posted by my wife on a Delaware site

Blue is having one heck of a year so far.

Ok there are a couple parts to this story.

First the friend I am speaking of is the one who was almost attacked at the Rt. 40 Wal-Mart.

about a month ago my husband and my friend went to Shop Rite in Bear to get some groceries. My husband went out as they figured they would need a cart and passed a guy staring at his gun. As usual Blue just said "Hello" and smiled. When he went inside our friend was saying to someone "If you have a problem with it he would be more than happy to explain the law to you". Blue went up and asked her what happened. She informed him that some guy came in and said "There's no need for that fat slob to have a gun on him". She then asked if there was an issue and he said a few things that basically said there is no need for "anyone to have guns". She told him to take it up with someone else and he called her a b*tch. I am glad Blue did not hear this if you know him as he believes in chivalry. Blue simply said in the guys direction "You have an issue we need to discuss. Nothing further was mentioned and they continued shopping. Blue has open carried in that Shop Rite many times and actually has seen another open carrier there and actually talked to a fellow member from here.

Anyway We go to BJ's in New Castle yesterday to get a few things. Their cold meat is really good and the prices are great. We finished at the lunch counter and were walking up and down a couple aisles and a female manager came up to blue. She excused herself and asked if he was a police officer. He informed he was not at the moment. Our friend mentioned she knew that ***** was going to start something. Blue had not noticed him, but she had and said he was eyeing up Blue's sidearm. Blue then asked our friend "Is that the skinny rat faced guy from Shop Rite"? She replied yes. Joe then asked the manager if that guy had an issue. She told him yes. She tried to say store policy is only uniformed police officers are supposed to carry guns in the store. She was not aware of Delaware law about open carry, which he informed her. She never asked him to leave. He did tell her that BJ's policy is to follow state law and mentioned an incident at another BJ's where an OC member was harassed at a BJs. Blue did inform her that if she asked him to leave as a supervisor he would, but would make every pro-gun organization aware of it and how many members have dropped Costco because of their policy. Apparently she did not have an issue. Thanked Blue for his time. She also mentioned the guy complaining was a real ***********.

We then went about our business and all were pretty upset and discussing it. Blue was the level headed one and at first was going to ask the guy if there was an issue. In a nice way. Well our friend and I decided that we wanted to know why the guy was doing what seemed like stalking to me. I did not know if he was going to start anything and did not want to take any chances of him saying Blue threatened him, so I had him put his gun in my purse as I also have a permit. I figured if he took a swing at Blue I did not want him trying to grab his firearm and Blue had his backup gun anyway. As we were talking he came up and Blue recognized the wife, but not him at first. He asked if that was the person. He was not loud or obnoxious with it. Blue asked the guy if he had a concern or issue with his firearm. He said in a very condescending way "As a matter of fact I do. You should not be carrying that and it puts my safety and other's in danger". I will give Blue credit. He kept his cool the whole time. We informed him that we thought it bordered on stalking and he totally made it out like he was doing nothing wrong. He mentioned "You have a right to have it. I have a right to not want it in a store and ask the policy on guns from an authority figure and will do that every time I see someone with a gun". He mentioned he did that when he saw Blue at Shop Rite and was told that my husband has been seen there carrying plenty of times and the store does not have an no gun policy. We did not know this at the time.

Blue had asked "How do you know I am not a cop". He replied if he saw a badge he would not have said anything and that cops and members of the military are vetted, but he has no clue who someone else is. Blue informed him that "You really don't have to be". In the process a couple opinions got exchanged and Blue mentioned to him that he has every right to his opinion and that while he does not agree with, he can respect the guy's opinion. Blue asked for the same courtesy in return to which he said he does respect the opinion and rights, but he is expressing his to stores about not having guns in there. Blue said " I would call that starting trouble, but you are entitled to that". Joe also mentioned the lack of manners in Shop Rite. He did say that he told his wife right after he said that he should not have and did apologize, which Blue accepted.

Blue and he discussed self-defense and how the world is. I did not stay for the whole conversation, so some of this is secondhand from Blue. The guy seemed to have an issue with women. He would not let me or my friend get in a word edgewise and his wife hardly said anything. Blue mentioned his being nervous about a gun, which the guy said he was not nervous or scared about them. He said he honestly thinks someone carrying a gun to intimidate someone else is "A lack of Character". I took exception to that. The gentlemen said that my husband had character, but not everyone does and he has been threatened over his opinions. We did not get into that. I probably mentioned too much info, but I did inform him about the shootings in the area and how we got into owning guns. He basically had the love hippie peace attitude of what happens happens. He also said he thinks handguns are killing machines and people should not have them, but he would not push for that and has "No problem with people having handguns or having permits". Joe figured at that point his issue was OC. For what it is worth he mentioned being from New Jersey, but lives in Delaware now.

Religion somehow got brought up and Blue mentioned the Gospel of Luke about carrying a money pouch and a sword. He then said to Blue about how when the soldiers came for Christ how Peter was told by Jesus to lay down his sword and not fight back. Blue mentioned good one and true. He did not think of it at the time, but the reality is that I am sure that was to fulfill the plan of God as opposed to saying don't defend yourself. He did not think of it at the time. I was also surprised Blue did not bring up judging others.

The guy mentioned that we all must work for peace. Blue agreed and said it would be great if the world was that way, but it's not and only getting worse.
    The guy ended up letting Blue know that they had spoken and he would have no more issues with him, I was thinking how nice of him when I heard that. The wife finally opened her mouth and said we will just say Hi. He introduced himself to blue and shook his hand. Blue shook hands as a gentleman.

Somewhere in the exchange the guy brought it up that he could grab the gun or anyone could. Blue very calmly said that as soon as he felt someone grabbing for his gun he would take it as a threat and pull the back up or knife out. That did not get much of a response. He also asked "Do you really need the clip in it". Blue replied the gun does not do much good without it. The guy said "The one in the chamber does plenty". Joe replied "Not if there are multiple assailants or the guy is jacked up on meth".

I am not sure if Blue thought he could get the guy to get it or not, but I will say I think he conducted himself in the manner of a gentleman.
    They finished shopping before us and were driving out when we were loading our car. They waived and blued waived back as a nice guy.

Now for another funny part. Today our friend went to Wal-Mart. Yes it is the same one she had that issue at where she dumped a can of pepper spray on a guy. She saw a guy she described a well built black man carrying a gun. She went up and asked if he had any issues carrying his gun. The guy said there is a guy that likes to go around making issues of open carrying. I then told him about our situation and described the guy. The man knew the name the guy told us and said he is known to also frequent the Wal-Mart and seems to like conflict with people. He also told her that he really likes to confront females carrying guns. Again this is second source.

I don't think it would be nice to put his name or picture I took on here. I will describe them though as this guy is as passionate about not carrying guns as we are about carrying them.

He is a thin white male about 5'11-6' tall, thin build. Long hair about to his shoulders. kind of a scruffy scarred type face. Also very condescending. he actually put his hand up a couple times to our friend like he did not want her speaking. She mentioned she was anti-gun until she was assaulted. He replied "Everyone has a story" that still does not mean people should make other people uncomfortable.

The wife has a little weight on her and long blonde curly hair with glasses.

Anyone had a run in with this guy?

Also thoughts?
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Warren County)

Default Re: Encoutner In Delaware at shop rite and Bjs wholesale club

since I don't normally OC, my opinion means beans...but

kudos for the story and carrying to begin with.

not sure that Blues discussion with skinny guy was worth the time spent.

kind of makes me think my default response of "go away " might be a good one too.
    props to blue for his patience!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    I hope this is the right place.
    Blue asked the guy if he had a concern or issue with his firearm. He said in a very condescending way "As a matter of fact I do. You should not be carrying that and it puts my safety and other's in danger".
    You are stalking and harassing me. I have two witnesses, managers at two different stores that don't know me. Both say your an ahole. There is also corroborating video.

Stay where you are, I'm calling the cops and filing charges.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You are stalking and harassing me. I have two witnesses, managers at two different stores that don't know me. Both say your an ahole. There is also corroborating video.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner! This guy has issues (you know, mental type) and will be a major problem for someone eventually. Judging by the story, that someone will be a woman.

Turn him into the police- he's a nut.

People like him are one of the reasons we carry.

(Montgomery County)

He probably liked guns growing up and couldnt wait to own some but then got busted doing some type of criminal act and now is a prohibited person. So anytime he sees someone with a gun it just pisses him off knowing that you're doing something he cant! WHo knows, maybe hes just a libtard nutfag.
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post

That is what my wife was thinking.

I really was just curious of his issue.

(York County)

I have a short attention span but forced myself to read every word of the OP. (I wonder if others actually read it before responding.)
    My thoughts are that Blue actually cracked through the guys negative view of guns. He didn't win him over but they had a discussion. They ended up shaking hands. And Blue gave the guy a different encounter with a guy OCing. That makes Blue an ambassador in my eyes. We need more people like Blue or all we will have is Us vs Them.

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    I have a short attention span but forced myself to read every word of the OP. (I wonder if others actually read it before responding.)
    My thoughts are that Blue actually cracked through the guys negative view of guns. He didn't win him over but they had a discussion. They ended up shaking hands. And Blue gave the guy a different encounter with a guy OCing. That makes Blue an ambassador in my eyes. We need more people like Blue or all we will have is Us vs Them.
    Thanks for the compliments. there are lots of "public image" guys around who would disagree about my being a good ambassador, but I try. My wife was actually kind of upset it was removed from another site since the issue there is with me not her. Not much of an issue. I am actually good friends with a co founder.

You would think we really need to stick together when we can.

Thanks again for the compliments. that was actually what I was intending.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments. there are lots of "public image" guys around who would disagree about my being a good ambassador, but I try.
    I don't understand, what does that mean? What kind of criticism have you received?

My wife was actually kind of upset it was removed from another site since the issue there is with me not her. Not much of an issue. I am actually good friends with a co founder.
    Can you please tell us what website this is? It seems like every OC encounter you describe starts with your wife trying to post on some other website but not being able to and that's why you come here to tell the tale. Not sure I got that perfect but that aspect is always there. It's kinda weird since you seem to complain more about some website than you do about people giving you a hard time during your encounters.

It seems like more unnamed people are out to get you on the internet than the antis you meet in stores LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast