Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC9s

(Montgomery County)

Default Ruger LC9s

http://ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

Striker fired version of the LC9. Looks pretty promising because I always thought the size of the LC9 was nice but heard the complaints about the long and heavy DAO trigger.

Thoughts?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ruger LC9s

Sold my LC9 because of the trigger. Loved it other then that. I'd definitely be interested in trying that out.

(Montgomery County)

Never had any interest in the pistol. I have a LCP which is great and 100% reliable but after 7 yards it shoots so damn low that you need to aim about a foot and a half above your target if using sights. There's a plethora of other 9mm pistols I would want before the lc9
    -=pardon me while I burn and rise above the flames=-

(Cumberland County)

Saw the new LC9 today at my lgs - looked interesting. Wish it didn't have the manual safety, but overall looked and felt nice.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by JW1914 View Post
    Never had any interest in the pistol. I have a LCP which is great and 100% reliable but after 7 yards it shoots so damn low that you need to aim about a foot and a half above your target if using sights. There's a plethora of other 9mm pistols I would want before the lc9
    I looked at LCP, LCR, LC9, and LC380.
    And after some thinking, I settled for Stainless LCP.

I short stroked like crazy with LCR, LC9 felt too big, and trigger sucked. and same goes for LC380.

I got newer LCP with bigger sights. Sights are dead on @21ft. And I also got CTC laser guard for it. So that's cool.

I have heard people complain about the small sight on original LCP from many tho.
    (but I like the stainless barrel on original

Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Chester County)

I almost bought a LC9 but didn't because of the trigger. Will I go out and buy an LC9s? No, just because my SR9c (which I love!) and Glock 30s suit me perfectly. That's not to say I might pick one up some time from now when a desperate Ad is posted in the classifieds section.

If the trigger is exactly as Ruger describes it to be, I'd take it over a M&P Shield. That's just a personal preference. I'm a borderline a Ruger Fanboy.

(Montgomery County)

I wonder if they solved the problems with the magazines yet. If you load five into it, it feeds great. Load it up all the way, it's likely to jam. At least the one I had did that, both with hollow points and with ball.

The biggest reason I sold it though was the trigger. Couldn't shoot worth a crap with it. My LCP is fantastic in comparison.

At this point I'm still holding out on Glock coming out with a single stack 9 or 40, but then again I'm not sure I'd buy it anyways. I like that I can use a 22 or 23 mag in my 27. I'd lose that with a single stack BUG.

Looks like it could be a winner. I already have a Shield & XDS. The LC9 is slightly smaller. That could make a huge difference as far as pocket carry goes.

(Delaware County)

Picked one up today and it is fantastic. The first round is a bit snappy in your hands but the striker fire is light years ahead of the normal LC9 DA gun. Very smooth and crisp, but the reset is tricky as you have to let it out almost all the way. It will give a false click early but you have to keep going to get a full reset.

Yes the mag disconnect sucks, and I don't mind the safety because it is quite hard to engage but plenty easy to disengage.

Put almost 50 rounds through it 0 problems. Think my Shield is going away after this.

[QUOTE=bluetrane2028;2795782]I wonder if they solved the problems with the magazines yet. If you load five into it, it feeds great. Load it up all the way, it's likely to jam. At least the one I had did that, both with hollow points and with ball.

I bought an lc9 3 years ago. Have over 800 rounds through it, fmj and hp, never had any issues, always have a full mag.

Trigger is a long pull but it doesn't bother me much, my dads ruger p85 is almost as long. Guess I've just gotten used to it. Shoots well.
    Last edited by Kid k; August 1st, 2014 at 05:25 AM.
    NRA Endowment Member, N-SSA #9526v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast