Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Pike County)

Default Ordered myself a Hungarian FEG AP, thinking about getting some Wolff springs.

Hello all, I took a bit of a hiatus from PAFOA because work has been burning me out. The upside to it though is I have some extra money and decided to get a Hungarian FEG AP which is a Hungarian clone of the Walther PP. I always wanted one but not for the $800 a new one goes for. I got this clone on AIM Surplus for $200 and I am waiting for it to ship. However, I hear from reviews that while it's a great pistol that the Double Action pull is terrible and I want to improve on that.

People mentioned that Wolff sells a set of springs which will improve on it but on their website I don't see this pistol listed. Further research leads me to believe that the FEG AP in 32 is almost exactly like the PA63 in 9x18 MAK except for the caliber. Is this true? I also heard I can use PA63 mags in this pistol too? Is that true because I can't find extra's anywhere, if you have leads let me know. So what's the truth?

Here is the link to the Wolff website: http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?...s&cID=1&mID=20

Thanks.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ordered myself a Hungarian FEG AP, thinking about getting some Wolff springs.

I got a pa63 back in the 90s we didn't even know what they were or ever heard of the 9x18. Small town I guess. I always liked the little gun, I should have bought more ammo. 380 will be more useful here now that 9x18 is not cheap or available.

(Pike County)

Default Re: Ordered myself a Hungarian FEG AP, thinking about getting some Wolff springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I got a pa63 back in the 90s we didn't even know what they were or ever heard of the 9x18. Small town I guess. I always liked the little gun, I should have bought more ammo. 380 will be more useful here now that 9x18 is not cheap or available.
    Check out gunbot, you can find 9x18 for under $15/50. Getting back to the subject at hand would know if the PA 63 and FEG AP have the same parts?

(Northampton County)

the wolff springs will work to decrease the trigger pull . I dropped my double action fro, 20 lbs to eleven lbs.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lancaster County)

If yours is a 380 or 9x18, then they will work. If it is 32 ACP, then probably not. It's not the length or dimensions of the spring so much as the tension. The spring packs are designed to make the recoil of the 9x18 more manageable. Since the 380 is not that much less potent, you could still use the 11 or 13lb springs without issue. If it's a 32, I doubt it would even have enough oomph to reliably cycle even with the 11lb spring. The hammer springs shouldn't be an issue. Those really make the gun nicer to shoot. Just be careful that you don't go too light and get light primer strikes.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    the wolff springs will work to decrease the trigger pull . I dropped my double action fro, 20 lbs to eleven lbs.
    So the 9x18 springs will work in the 32 models reliably?

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    If yours is a 380 or 9x18, then they will work. If it is 32 ACP, then probably not. It's not the length or dimensions of the spring so much as the tension. The spring packs are designed to make the recoil of the 9x18 more manageable. Since the 380 is not that much less potent, you could still use the 11 or 13lb springs without issue. If it's a 32, I doubt it would even have enough oomph to reliably cycle even with the 11lb spring. The hammer springs shouldn't be an issue. Those really make the gun nicer to shoot. Just be careful that you don't go too light and get light primer strikes.
    That is what I am concerned about, I contacted someone from Wolff springs and they asked me to get a bunch of info on the springs since they're not sure.

(Lancaster County)

The hammer spring should work fine and decrease single and especially double action pull. It's the recoil spring that could be the problem. The .32 cartridge doesn't have near the oomph a .380 or 9x18 has. Installation of a stiffer recoil spring could mean the .32 will not have enough power to blow back the slide and properly cycle the cartridges. If you do decide to put in a heavier recoil spring, I would try the lightest weight first to see if that even works.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    The hammer spring should work fine and decrease single and especially double action pull. It's the recoil spring that could be the problem. The .32 cartridge doesn't have near the oomph a .380 or 9x18 has. Installation of a stiffer recoil spring could mean the .32 will not have enough power to blow back the slide and properly cycle the cartridges. If you do decide to put in a heavier recoil spring, I would try the lightest weight first to see if that even works.
    Thanks, just to be safe maybe I will only order the hammer springs. All I really want to do is lower the DA pull after all.