Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default Quebec Superior Court.........

12-Year-Old Grounded for Too Much Internet Use Gets Punishment Overturned in Court

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,369044,00.html

A Canadian court has overturned a father's punishment for his daughter after she refused to stay off the Internet, his attorney said Wednesday.

The girl, 12, took her father to Quebec Superior Court after he refused to allow her to go on a school trip for chatting on Web sites and then posting "inappropriate" pictures of herself online using a friend's computer, AFP reported.

The punishment was for the girl's "own protection," according to the father's attorney, Kim Beaudoin, who is appealing the ruling.

"She's a child," Beaudoin told AFP. "At her age, children test their limits and it's up to their parent to set boundaries. I started an appeal of the decision today to reestablish parental
    authority, and to ensure that this case doesn't set a precedent."

Otherwise, she continued, "Parents are going to be walking on egg shells from now on."

According to court documents, the girl's Internet usage was the latest in a rash of disciplinary problems. But Justice Suzanne Tessier, who was presiding over the case, found the punishment too severe.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

And people wonder whats wrong with todays children. They need a good trip to the wood shed for a few whacks where it would do the most good.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Default Re: Quebec Superior Court.........

Someone want to explain to me how in the happy hell this ended up in a courtroom???

+1 on the wood shed.

(Chester County)

Just wow... This is absolutely absurd. My kid disobeyed my order to come inside for dinner twice last Tuesday. I grounded him for the rest of the night. I gave him 5 minutes warning that dinner was at 6pm. Then twice after that he ignored me. So I grounded his ass and he couldn't play with the rest of the kids that evening.

Was I too harsh? WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Susquehanna County)

My granddaughter didn't want to take gym one day and told the teacher "My dad beat me last night and I hurt to bad to take gym" When he got home from work the police and Child Welfare were on his front steps.

He had to prove he didn't hit her. Had it been me they would have seen a beating.

(Erie County)

This is total BS. Just take the power cables off the computer, or cancel the internet service to the house, or lock up the monitor. Tell her she can use the computer all she wants then. Stuff like this is a priviledge, take little Suzie's fun stuff away. No radio, tv, mp3, make her wash her clothes by hand. I proposed this to a parent of a student of mine and her reply was, "What's she going to do at home then?" I about lost my mind.
    When the government has a knife at your throat and a hand on your wallet, it matters not whether it is the left or the right hand.

(Centre County)

Wow... just when I thought the Quebecois were the last rugged individuals on this continent... Humanity is finished.

Actually Albertan's are some of the last rugged individuals on the continent

here are some extra news to show how much like California our left wing nut jobs want us to be.

form our left wing senate ... Spanking your kid to be a criminal offense

Anti-spanking bill heads to Commons.... http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Politics...699366-cp.html

Parents of autistic girl investigated by social Services after "psychic" tells a teachers aid that a girl named V is being sexually abused...
    http://www.torontosun.com/News/Canad...10691-sun.html

PC is killing us all...

Sabre... a proud Albertan.... well mostly...