Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Suppressor suggestions?

I already own an Outback .22 suppressor and am considering the purchase of one or more additional suppressors.
    I am looking if possible for maximum flexibility and effectiveness in the purchased suppressors going forward. As such, can anyone suggest a purchase strategy which will provide maximum usefulness?

For instance, I am thinking about purchasing a .45 suppressor with the idea that it could be used and would be reasonably effective on 45, 40 and 9mm as well as 300 Blackout. Similarly, I am thinking the purchase of a .308 suppressor might allow use on 308 and 223.

Am I ok with my thinking? If so, which particular suppressors would be among the best value for the price? I'm not necessarily thinking they need to be full auto capable, but that would be a plus. Thanks!

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Suppressor suggestions?

The AAC 762 SD looks to be an interesting value option for 5.56, .308, and .300 AAC. They just redid it for this year, clocks in at $600 or so plus the tax stamp and any other transfers. AAC also has the $200 credit you can use to buy mounts for your guns that is good till September.

http://www.advanced-armament.com/762-SD_p_649.html
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Berks County)

You're thinking is correct for your first centerfire rifle and pistol cans. You can run some pistol cans with subsonic 300 blackout only. A 30 cal rifle can will work as good if not better for both subs and supers. I'd suggest looking at Silencerco's octane 45 and the 7.62 Saker. You can shop around online and form3 them to a local shop like french creek outfitters.

(Wayne County)

Avoid FCO at all costs, they are price rapists and the counter staff is full of retards ( save the kid at the front and one or two others. ) They will charge you outrageous prices for any transfer and I wouldn't trust them with any NFA business or paper work.

Insite in Norristown has been professional in all the business I've done there. Kings is an NFA dealer but I haven't shopped there.
    I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

(Berks County)

I have a ti-rant 45. I shoot it on a glock 36 and 19(with 147gn subs), fnx-45, and a 300 blackout ar. It works great on everything, I'm waiting to get my 30cal can stamp back but if you can only buy one I'd go with a 45 that has a quick adapter for diff thread pitches

(Washington County)

AAC all the way. Get the TiRant 45 for it's quick change thread pistons and for rifle calibers get an AAC 7.62 can as already suggested. Then you just throw the AAC QD mounts on the rifles you're going to shoot the 7.62 on and you're good to go.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796