Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Where to buy Markov?

I have really fallen in love with my friends Markov. I would like to buy one from a local deal or a trusted website. Any suggestions. I live near King of Prussia and would be willing to go to Philly, Lancaster, or Berks county to buy one.

Thank your,

Nick.
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(York County)

Default Re: Where to buy Markov?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick72 View Post
    I have really fallen in love with my friends Markov. I would like to buy one from a local deal or a trusted website. Any suggestions. I live near King of Prussia and would be willing to go to Philly, Lancaster, or Berks county to buy one.

Thank your,

Nick.
    It's actually Makarov (not Markov).

Gunbroker usually has quite a few available.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-P...v&SearchType=1

III% - Stand and be counted

(Clearfield County)

Shit, I'll sell you an instant makarov collection complete with ammo if you want.

(Bucks County)

Check the classifieds here. I think there's been a few listed recently. They are pretty sweet. Considered getting one myself but that'd mean one more caliber to get into. My kid has a mint E. German one. It's very well made and extremely accurate.

(Berks County)

Treeline on ridge pike right down the street from in sight. It your hood, get out some!

(Butler County)

A CZ82 in the 9x18 Makarov caliber was my first "love at first sight" pistol when I first contemplated buying a handgun. But my first handgun ended up being a compact .45 though, and I'm really happy about that. Not sorry at all. In addition to the CZ82 I also looked into the original Makarov and some other Eastern European pistols in the same caliber. I'll flat out say that of all of these, the original Makarov was my least favorite ergonomically. I'm liable to get shot for saying that in some threads! It's a truly personal thing, the "fit' of a gun. There's no accounting for it, really. People's hands and physiology are all different, and subtle aspects in this "fit" can make or break a person's preference for a certain pistol. That said, I think the original Makarov is probably the BEST BUILT of all the Makarov-chambered guns. But that only matters so much if you really like the way it fits; I don't, but maybe you will. If you don't, I'd take a tradeoff and find the next best thing in that caliber if you like the caliber. It's not up to par with 9mm Luger at all, but a bit more manageable. It's almost identical to the .380 ACP, but it's a military round, usually FMJ, and cheap! If you shop a little, there's plenty of SD grade 9x18 ammo available online. And plenty more even cheaper for practice and plinking.

After doing some reading and shooting some guns, I became less enamored with the Makarov clan over time. I started to realize that overall, I really just liked the CZ82/83 pistol for its design and ergonomics more than the caliber, and I consider it one of the most comfortable and accurate pistols ever...FOR ME. I'd still like to have one. I only wish I could have a gun JUST LIKE THAT ONE in 9x19 instead of 9x18. The CZ82 is heavy for the caliber that it is. It's really the only thing that makes me not take it so seriously. My EDC is currently a KelTec "true" 9mm which is half the weight of the CZ82, and holds almost as many rounds.

Where to buy a Makarov (if that's what you really like)? There are dozens and dozens of them on Gunbroker all the time. I last saw one in Verona Gun Safe, a gun shop in Verona, Allegheny County. They wanted about $279 for it if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by FJW; July 27th, 2014 at 01:26 AM.

(Lancaster County)

I've got an FEG-PA 63 I am planning on parting with. As for my other FEG and my CZ-82, they're keepers!

(Luzerne County)

I have three of them. Two 9 mmm mak and a 380
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

What are they going for these days?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(McKean County)

I know of a PA-63 at John Brown's Armory in Rochester, PA that is complete with the leather holster and two matching S/N mags.
    I think it was like 375 or 395 plus tax and transfer.
    Wrong side of the state though from yinz.

Prof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast