Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Pottstown Sunnybrook Ballroom - NEW SHOW

No signs about cc. nice small show.

(Montgomery County)

Well worth the $6 (with coupon) admission.
    Small venue. Comfortable. Nice folks.
    Limited number of tables so there was little duplication, you did not pass row upon row of the exact same stuff.
    Nice selection of new and used firearms. Two vendors selling Mosins. One had a crate of Hex recievers, many from the early 1920s for $199. Another had round for about $150. Saw a lot of the Swiss rifles (K31?, the ones with the straight pull bolt).
    Good selections of non-folding knives. Lots of hunting related stuff. Several reloading supply sellers. Several black powder accessory sellers.
    Lot of mil-surp.
    A few "yard sale" type tables full of obscure part and goodies (to me, the chance to root through those tables is worth the admission price).

I dropped many of my $2 bills and got some stuff I would not usually find in my local shop.

Ammo prices were typical. Gun prices were all over the place. Found a $100 spread on the price for a 10/22 takedown. On the other hand I found a Ruger American Rimfire for under MSRP. Dealers were willing to deal, too.

Make the trip. It is worth it.
    Last edited by Remington788; August 2nd, 2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added link

(Montgomery County)

Thanks to those who came out today (Saturday). It was not extremely busy, typical of summer shows, but the crowd was enough to keep the vendors' attention. I believe the venue is not quite as large as Leesport (which is in 2 weeks). Probably about 150 tables. Good number of guns, and not much that isn't gun-related. All sorts of variety, from damascus double-barrel shotguns to a Benelli M4, flintlocks, Mosins, Mausers, M1 Carbines, AR15s, sporting rifles, plinkers, target stuff, all sorts of pistols, scopes, ammo (bulk & custom loaded off-the-wall calibers), gun books, knives, cases, military accessories ...

The venue is a neat old ballroom. I guess they also host weddings and other events. Hope to see a good Sunday crowd. Bring some guns to trade or ca$h to buy.

(Montgomery County)

This was a really nice show. Probably about as big as Leesport. It was about a 20min. drive for me and well worth it. A nice variety of goods, not table after table of black rifles and pistols. I was able to pick up 3 different powders that I was looking for,[300blk], some .30 cal. bullets and a Saiga .308 for a great price. Im a happy camper......... The vendors I talked to said it was about what they expected for a first show in the middle of summer. I hope the promoter continues to have more like this..........
    Last edited by bartomark; August 2nd, 2014 at 08:53 PM.
    I have so many toys because my wife wont let me have a girlfriend.......

(Montgomery County)

Bob, which table is yours?

I will be at LPRGC trying out the red dot I bought. Taking along my daughter and her boyfriend. I may bring them up.

Where should I stop to say hello?

(Delaware County)

I went today (sunday). It has been long time since I was up that way, and things have changed in that time. The venue itself was nice. It was quiet when I went around noon. Did chat with a few of the vendors. I got the last zombie garden gnome target (for a friend who is obsessed with all things zombie) and a tiny Swiss Army knife to replace the one that my wife forgot to take out of her pocket book when she went to the airport.

I'll be at Oaks next Saturday, and will at least get to compare prices.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12