Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sig p938 feedback

Hi,
    Does anyone own a sig p938?
    I've read number of reviews from online but I'd like to hear from PAFOA members!
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sig p938 feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Exarforce View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone own a sig p938?
    I've read number of reviews from online but I'd like to hear from PAFOA members!
    Any feedback would be appreciated.
    Being a 1911 lover, the P938 is the ultimate carry gun for me. I've got around 400 rounds of assorted ammo through it and not one hiccup. For its, size, recoil is surprisingly manageable. It is definitely a pricey little bugger, but worth every dollar to me. I have the sport, with the rubber grip and night sights. Came with one flush and one extended mag. Palmetto has been putting them on sale recently for $550.

(Chester County)

I got mine a few months ago. Have about 500 rounds through it with no issues. Its fired all the low grade ammo I buy as well as the speer gold dot I carry it with. Its very accurate.

Now, if you go on the Sig forum you'll see lots of complaints about FTFs. But it seems like people who have guns with the most recent build dates are fine. Mine was born in march '14.

Theres sharp points on the bottom of the trigger that youll probably want to round off a little with a mini file. Keep it well lubed too.

thank you so much for the info,
    eversince I bought my sp2022 .40 cal, I just cant seem to set my mind off from sig product.

(Lancaster County)

Love mine. Easy to carry and have not had any issues at all with it.

(Allegheny County)

Grab a Gun is having a sale on them right now. $500

(Westmoreland County)

I have the equinox version. Haven't had any problems with 200 rounds through it so far. I carry Hornady critical defense in it and no problems cycling that either.

It does make some weird primer strikes, but apparently that's normal and I never had any problems. Also the holster that comes with it isn't the greatest so you'll definitely want a different one.

Another thing I noticed is when you load the mag fully and chamber one, and take the mag out, the first round in the magazine always wants to either almost fall out or fall out. which isn't a big deal. Just something I noticed and I think is normal with all of the p938's

One thing to look out for when cleaning your gun is not to bend the slide release spring. A guy was having problems with the slide locking back after every shot and it was because he bent this spring while cleaning. skip to 5:00
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiz0YYuPqGY

With all that said, I wouldn't pick another gun to conceal carry. Its the most comfortable for me and I'm 100% confident in it.

(Montgomery County)

Love mine. I have an 'extreme'. I think there were some early teething issues when production began (nightmare models mainly) that was found to be problematic extractors. I believe it's been rectified for quite some time now. I believe Sig encourages break in rounds in 124grn. I used what I had. I bought mine back when ammo was tough to get so I rocked the 115 grn..still performed totally reliably for me and quite accurate.

Mine has been accurate, reliable and my daily carry more than any other pistol in my stash, the size is hard to beat. The only thing that might make me give it up is if Sig came out with an all stainless model. I'd surely love one in all steel.

(Lackawanna County)

I absolutely love mine. It's my EDC - compact, lightweight, reliable, and pretty handsome, too. I have the SAS version - so it's been smoothed out and contoured everywhere.

The part I love about it is that even though it's pretty tiny, it's still quite pleasant to shoot with at the range - and very accurate, for having such a short sight radius and barrel.

I have about 500-600 rounds through mine, with only 1 FTF - which was at the end of a range session shooting some really dirty cheap ammo I wanted to use up...

I actually wouldn't mind getting the little .22 version they came out with earilier this year so I have a fun little .22 plinker to train with on the same platform as my EDC...

(Lancaster County)

I love my 238 and my 938. Nice shooters, fit the hand well, accurate, and seem to be reliable. A hint- Sig recommends 124 grain ammo during break-in. Mine has been working well on it so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast