Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Seeking Firsthand Stories of Albinos of Ghost Mountain Encounters for TV Show

Hello, I'm currently working on a national television show looking for first hand and eye witness stories about close encounters with the Albino Cannibals of Ghost Mountain. If you have ever crossed paths with or seen the spectral albinos of Ghost Mountain and have a story to share, please send an email to alyssa@committeefilms.com with details, we'd love to hear from you!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Seeking Firsthand Stories of Albinos of Ghost Mountain Encounters for TV Show

Ungawa, you're up!
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Seeking Firsthand Stories of Albinos of Ghost Mountain Encounters for TV Show

Misnomer. Only one of them was albino and he died 8 years ago. But he was the one often spotted on the front porch noshing on a limb so there you have the genesis of a bogus tale.

crlovel got mistaken for one once.

(York County)

Cool. Another reality show.

(Lancaster County)

This is a picture of one found on a camera by a hiker.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Me and my friend ran across what we think may have been them one time. Were looking for a fishing spot off Stoney Garden Rd. We had rode our dirt bikes about a mile or so off the road when we found what we thought was the fishing hole. We spent all afternoon with no luck. As we were about to leave we heard what we thought was a deer or something walking around. The leaves had turned color and were falling and the air was crisp for a Upper Bucks Co afternoon so the sound was sharp and clear.

We thought nothing of it and loaded up our bikes to head home. My friend decided we should take the long way home to explore the area and maybe find a better fishing hole. The area is filled with small natural springs and ponds many of which have never been fished but are stocked naturally.

As we were paving our own trail through the woods we saw what we thought was an old hunters cabin which is not uncommon in this rural area. I guess it was curiosity that made us want to check it out further or maybe it was the risk of reward being that we once found a Playboy and a 6-pack of Stegmaier in a treestand. But as we drew near we noticed two other cabins about 20 yards apart from one another. We stopped our bikes and got off them. As we were walking past the first house I smelled the faint odor of a smoldering fire. I remember turning to my friend to say something when this figure came out of the first cabin. He had long curly mutton chop side burns wearing crude suspenders made from rope that were holding up some ill fitting dirty green trousers. He was holding what I can only describe as a staff and was yelling some gibberish I couldn't make out while pounding the staff on the ground. But that wasn't the strangest part, this man or whatever it was was a pale as a full moon. And in the Autumn afternoon he almost glowed he was so pale.
    We weren't sure if what we seen was a ghost or some sort of hermit but we knew this, we had seen enough. I ran so hard my heels were kicking my own ass. We got to the bikes and I hit the kick starter so hard I thought I broke it. I remember my friend turning his bike around in such a haste that he unintentionally hit the throttle so hard the bike took off without him. Maybe it was the excitement or terror of the moment but I remember laughing my ass off for the next half hour.

We never went back to that fishing hole and always brought a small shotgun with us whenever we would go into Ghost mountain.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

Thanks everybody!

7998's story is just the thing we are looking for, if anyone has a story of strange things from Ghost Mountain, we'd love to hear them. Again, I can be reached at alyssa@committeefilms.com

Streaker69, it appears that photo is from an episode of the X Files but thanks!

Ungawa - can you tell me a little more about this? Feel free to email me at alyssa@committeefilms.com

Was there really an albino living on Haycock Mountain at any point?

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    Me and my friend ran across what we think may have been them one time. Were looking for a fishing spot off Stoney Garden Rd. We had rode our dirt bikes about a mile or so off the road when we found what we thought was the fishing hole. We spent all afternoon with no luck. As we were about to leave we heard what we thought was a deer or something walking around. The leaves had turned color and were falling and the air was crisp for a Upper Bucks Co afternoon so the sound was sharp and clear.

We thought nothing of it and loaded up our bikes to head home. My friend decided we should take the long way home to explore the area and maybe find a better fishing hole. The area is filled with small natural springs and ponds many of which have never been fished but are stocked naturally.

As we were paving our own trail through the woods we saw what we thought was an old hunters cabin which is not uncommon in this rural area. I guess it was curiosity that made us want to check it out further or maybe it was the risk of reward being that we once found a Playboy and a 6-pack of Stegmaier in a treestand. But as we drew near we noticed two other cabins about 20 yards apart from one another. We stopped our bikes and got off them. As we were walking past the first house I smelled the faint odor of a smoldering fire. I remember turning to my friend to say something when this figure came out of the first cabin. He had long curly mutton chop side burns wearing crude suspenders made from rope that were holding up some ill fitting dirty green trousers. He was holding what I can only describe as a staff and was yelling some gibberish I couldn't make out while pounding the staff on the ground. But that wasn't the strangest part, this man or whatever it was was a pale as a full moon. And in the Autumn afternoon he almost glowed he was so pale.
    We weren't sure if what we seen was a ghost or some sort of hermit but we knew this, we had seen enough. I ran so hard my heels were kicking my own ass. We got to the bikes and I hit the kick starter so hard I thought I broke it. I remember my friend turning his bike around in such a haste that he unintentionally hit the throttle so hard the bike took off without him. Maybe it was the excitement or terror of the moment but I remember laughing my ass off for the next half hour.

We never went back to that fishing hole and always brought a small shotgun with us whenever we would go into Ghost mountain.
    In Jersey those people are called Pineys except they often aren't as well dressed or well spoken. 1/3 of the entire state. I've been all over the US and the world, and I've never seen places so spooky as the Pinelands in NJ or ever been as freaked out as some brief Piney sightings. Not to mention the Jersey Devil. Who me and a bud had a serious run in with one night, complete with about a hundred rounds fired and some extremely strange evidence in the aftermath, including two legged cloven hoof prints appearing out of nowhere starting about 30 feet directly behind us after the encounter, following the path of our prints but outward.

Stop, look, listen, smell.

Ever been to a place so dark that you can't detect your hand in front of your face after 20 minutes of acclimation, with not a cloud in the sky, and not a star in the sky, either?

Clearly there is a little romanticism here, but that's exactly what the night was. We were turning a Q-Beam up into the sky to try to figure out why there where no stars. There was no beam and no fog or clouds. It was the most silent place I had ever been in my life, and I've been in some pretty remote places.

Perfect monster story stuff

I don't think it was the Jersey Devil. But there is no explanation for what happened other than that I can think of. I guess maybe it was.
    Last edited by ungawa; July 24th, 2014 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    In Jersey those people are called Pineys except they often aren't as well dressed or well spoken. 1/3 of the entire state. I've been all over the US and the world, and I've never seen places so spooky as the Pinelands in NJ or ever been as freaked out as some brief Piney sightings. Not to mention the Jersey Devil. Who me and a bud had a serious run in with one night, complete with about a hundred rounds fired and some extremely strange evidence in the aftermath, including two legged cloven hoof prints appearing out of nowhere starting about 30 feet directly behind us after the encounter, following the path of our prints but outward.

Stop, look, listen, smell.

Ever been to a place so dark that you can't detect your hand in front of your face after 20 minutes of acclimation, with not a cloud in the sky, and not a star in the sky, either?

Clearly there is a little romanticism here, but that's exactly what the night was. We were turning a Q-Beam up into the sky to try to figure out why there where no stars. There was no beam and no fog or clouds. It was the most silent place I had ever been in my life, and I've been in some pretty remote places.

Perfect monster story stuff

I don't think it was the Jersey Devil. But there is no explanation for what happened other than that I can think of. I guess maybe it was.
    It's funny you say that. I was just telling my wife about the Pines and how they are the spookiest place I've ever been.
    One time I was dating this girl who had a Bronco and we decided to go wheeling back off of rt532. We went about 20-30 miles into the pines. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you you could put your hand in front of your face and not see it. We were driving through some trails and at one point were completely lost when we happened upon a clearing. Thoughtlessly I drove straight through it instead of sticking to the trails. I made it about half way across when that Ford Bronco just laid right down in this creamy slop of a soil. It was a combination of whipped cream and quick sand. We were buried to the frame. It was midnight. We were 20-30 miles from a road that was about 10 more miles to civilization. We were listening to the Doors Strange Days on the cassette player.

The Pine Barrens have a deafening silence. Your hearing becomes quite acute and you can hear a squirrel fart 500 yards out. We had no water, no flashlight, no actual idea of where we were or which way was out. I know we were surrounded by rt.539, rt.72 and rt. 532. And I knew that if we found a fireline we could hoof it to the road. But there was no moon out and like I said it was absolute darkness. You couldn't tell if you were in the Pine Barrens, Purgatory, or the dark side of the Moon. We decided to stay in the truck and try to walk it out in the morning.

Another thing about the Pine Barrens is it get freaking cold at night. I suggested some activity to get warm but due to my recent egg-headedness she was having no part of it. We sat there arms folded trying to stay warm and were left to our thoughts. As eery and spooky as the Pines are they are also tranquil and beautiful. At around 2 Am some lights appeared, they were 2 sets of lights. Our first reaction was of relief, we were rescued. Then those feelings of joy turned into those of caution, as in who was actually in those vehicles.

The Pine Barrens are a strange place filled with even stranger people. The Mason Dixon line may take an abrupt Southern turn before Delaware on the map but in reality it runs straight through the Pine Barrens. I worked with a guy once who lived in a station wagon in the Pines. His wife left him so he packed up his shit in the car, found a spot to park it an lived there for 2 years. Another guy built his house out of hubcaps back there. There is 100's of stories about crazy people in the Pines and in some areas some people say the gene pool is more of a puddle.

So you can understand why I was a little reluctant at first to start flashing my lights to get their attention. But between a possible 30 mile hike and her incessant nagging I figured I would go for it. I turned to her and said "If we get raped I'm blaming you". When I first seen them they were a few miles out but by now they were heading right towards us. I waited until I could make out their vehicles. I was relieved to see two newer Toyota's. Piney's don't drive newer Toyota's at least the scary ones don't. It turned out they were doing some wheeling too, but were smarter about it with 2 trucks and a tow strap. They were volunteer firefighters from Waretown. They pulled us out and told us how to get back to the highway. I offered them $20 but they refused until I finally insisted.

I learned a few things that night. Don't go wheeling alone, Don't smoke a big doobie before you go wheeling alone, and if you're going to go wheeling alone stick to the trails and be prepared.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Bucks County)

I saw some really creepy wiggers in Croydon this morning, if that would help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast