Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Springfield Armory Range Officer Compact

I did a quick search and didn't find anything on the site about this pistol. Is this new? Seems to be a fairly interesting and reasonable offering.

Lightweight frame, 4" fully ramped bull barrel, fiber optic front sight and what appears to be Novak style rear sights. Fairly clean looking Commander sized 1911 w/ a lower weight with the lifetime Springfield Armory warranty.

Based off the specs, I cannot determine if this has a compact frame similar to the micro compacts they used to offer. It says it uses 6 round mags, which leads me to believe the frame is micro compact, with a 4" slide/barrel combo.

Now, just need to find a price to see if this makes it to the list of ones to consider.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/pr...ompact-45-acp/

Edit: Just noticed it says "Coming Soon". So, has anyone heard any buzz about this yet?
    Last edited by SwampFoxZ71; July 20th, 2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Just noticed it said "Coming Soon".
    I forgot how much I missed the slang from the 70's and 80's: "Bite me, dig?"

(Centre County)

Default Re: Springfield Armory Range Officer Compact

One thing I hate about the RO is their target sight.
    But I love everything else about it.

Im VERY interested in RO officer, until I saw the "LW" prefix on the serial...
    Im sure it comes with ramped barrel and all, but I hate aluminum frame 1911...
    Last edited by Mity2; July 20th, 2014 at 08:52 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Default Re: Springfield Armory Range Officer Compact

I haven't heard anything about it yet. You might check the 1911 Forum:
    http://forums.1911forum.com/index.php

I bought the full size RO when they first came out & it's a good solid gun. Very accurate.

The sights pictured on the compact look to be more suited for carry than the adjustable sights that come on the full size; which is probably the intended purpose.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell