Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Concealed Carry Reciprocity

http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm

Senator David Vitter (R-LA) is planning to introduce a concealed carry reciprocity bill next week.

Senator Vitter had been working closely with Gun Owners of America to draft and file a reciprocity amendment a few weeks ago, but that amendment, unfortunately, never saw the light of day -- thanks to powerful opponents inside the Senate.

However, Sen. Vitter has continued undaunted and last week sent a Dear Colleague letter to his fellow senators, asking them to cosponsor his forthcoming bill, the "Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act."

The Vitter bill treats concealed carry permits much the same as drivers' licenses, where one state's license is recognized in all other states.

In addressing the matter of reciprocity, the first concern of GOA and Sen. Vitter is that it be done constitutionally and that it respects states' rights.

Unlike another senate reciprocity measure, S. 388, Vitter's bill does not establish "national standards" for concealed carry. It simply
    says that
    states that allow concealed carry must recognize the CCW permits of other states.

Vitter's bill also respects the rights of states that allow concealed carry without a permit. Citizens of Vermont and non-license holders in Alaska are allowed to carry concealed without a permit. Under the Vitter bill, these states would be recognized in the same manner as states that do issue permits.

States that do not allow concealed carry at all are not forced, under the Vitter bill, to recognize out-of-state permits. There are currently two such states, Illinois and Wisconsin. While it is deplorable that these states refuse to trust their citizens with firearms, this is an issue that has to be dealt with at the state level.

Citizens should not be forced to sacrifice their right to self-defense at the state line. The Vitter bill will allow more Americans to defend themselves away from their home state.

Action: Please urge your two Senators to become original cosponsors of the Vitter "Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Concealed Carry Reciprocity

If this passes it would be a big win for our side. We should be watching this very closely. I would love to CC in Maryland or New Jersey!

(Indiana County)

I'd bet it would have a greater chance of being passed than the nearly identical house bills. Honestly, I don't see this bill flying too far... Who knows though, maybe some of our "Special Deputy U.S. Marshal" senators will vote for it.

If we ever have a president Obama, I'm sure he wouldn't sign it though.

(Lancaster County)

He would refuse to sign that as he would refuse to talk to the "Typical white person."!

(Luzerne County)

Already e-mailed and called both my Senators exspressing my opinion on why they need to do everything they can to see this bill become law. Hopefully before the other puppet citizens vote for Obama and we lose everything.

(Adams County)

I just recieved an email on this from Gun Owners of America.

Bills like this one seem to come up every year but die in committees.

BUT you never know, we may get lucky this time.

Bill--------------------------->
    NRA - LIFE / ENDOWMENT MEMBER
    LIFE MEMBER - VIETNAM VETERANS AMERICA
    U.S.NAVY SEAWOLVES - VIETNAM 69/70