Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Duncan Hunter for President

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Just another pro-big government politician full of smoke....

nothing new here..
    Totally disagree. IMHO Duncan Hunter is one of the good guys. At least as good as you can get given our current state of affairs.

To all, hopefully your check is already in the mail to support Duncan or Ron Paul or whoever it is you agree with. You can also volunteer to help.

If we really care about the issues we say we care about now is the time to get off the couch and get in the game.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Totally disagree. IMHO Duncan Hunter is one of the good guys. At least as good as you can get given our current state of affairs.

To all, hopefully your check is already in the mail to support Duncan or Ron Paul or whoever it is you agree with. You can also volunteer to help.

If we really care about the issues we say we care about now is the time to get off the couch and get in the game.
    Come on now dude.. read the issues on his website and you'll see he just wants to increase government. You might agree with the way in which he wants to increase, but you cannot disagree that he wants to do it.

Support Ron Paul instead, they call him Dr.No. HE is the good guy so far in this race.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Bucks County)

With respect I'm fine doing my own thinking but thanks anyway. As of now, Ron Paul would be my 1st choice and Hunter would be my 2nd. If any thinks that government will not continue to grow then they are not living in the real world. Not only has the horse left the barn but the barn burnt down about 30 years ago. Only today we see that in CA they voted themselves 9 sick days mandated by law. Woe to any country that discovers that they can vote themselves benefits that are taken from their fellow citizens. We are way past the woe stage.

All that we can realistically hope for now is the reduction in the rate on increase. Otherwise we can put a fork in it because we are beyond being done.

Cynical does not equal deep thinking, just ask Keith Olbermann. Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die. My point is that none will really vote for any that promises to decrease government when it means that THEIR benefits will be reduced.

All seem totally invested in their own self interest. May be better if we spend our time practicing the phrase Madam President. Hell, "free" health care? Where do I sign up......?

Its been a hell of a ride.....

Cheers
    Last edited by phillyd2; January 25th, 2007 at 09:30 PM.

(Chester County)

phillyd2

You are correct. I am sorry to say we lost. This great country is going down fast. There is absolutly no way of stopping it. I agree with you,the only thing to do is slow it down. try to buy time. Its not great advice but does anyone else have a better idea?

My take on this whole mess is years ago people came to this country to get a better life as well as adding to the country while advancing themselves. Today people are looking to take while destroying this great land. Everyone wants something. freebees all the way around. All on the house. come and get them.

I am self employed. I get nothing from no one!!!! I dont even get a paid sick day. I am not complaining it is a privledge to work for myself as well as growing the gross domestic product. I love this nation but the brainwashing has taken hold.

I fly my flag everyday and thank god I live in this great land. God help this nation,Please!!!!

2008 President Ron Paul could truly return America to the great nation it once was.

Ron Paul on Gun Control : Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. He Support the Second Amendment .

Ron Paul might be this country’s last chance for a real Constitutional Republic.
    You can listen toll-free to his weekly message at 1-888-322-1414 (apx. 5 min.)

To learn more about Ron Paul, you can read all of his weekly columns and speeches (video, too) here: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html

Ron Paul has accepted an invitation to participate in the first national presidential debate in New Hampshire on Wednesday, April 4, 2007. It will be hosted by Wolf Blitzer and will be carried on CNN TV, radio, and cnn.com from 7-9 p.m. EST.
    Pass it on....
    Last edited by oneforpaul; March 2nd, 2007 at 06:05 AM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by oneforpaul View Post
    2008 President Ron Paul could truly return America to the great nation it once was.
    I hate to say it bud but lets be honest here, Ron Paul stands the proverbial snowballs chance when the party line Rs vote in the primaries. They'll see him as being off the wall once his history of being a Libertarian Presidential candidate becomes general knowledge because most of them think that Ls are too far to the left on the social side.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

I'll be registering to vote for the first time, simpkly because we as gun owners NEED Ron Paul in office.

(Westmoreland County)

I've been reading up a good bit on Ron Paul since the first thread about him was posted. He'll be getting my vote. Write-in or not.

I'm sick of the whole vote for the lesser of two evils gig. That's the primary problem with America's Constitutional Republic. Ideally, he'd run as an Independent. I can't say that I'd vote him in as a Republican. I think I can say, safely, that I won't be voting Red or Blue this election. We need to move on from this childish "gang colors" mentality that we've instilled amongst our population.
    Last edited by D-FENS; March 2nd, 2007 at 01:01 PM.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheHighChild View Post
    I've been reading up a good bit on Ron Paul since the first thread about him was posted. He'll be getting my vote. Write-in or not.

I'm sick of the whole vote for the lesser of two evils gig. That's the primary problem with America's Constitutional Republic. Ideally, he'd run as an Independent. I can't say that I'd vote him in as a Republican. I think I can say, safely, that I won't be voting Red or Blue this election. We need to move on from this childish "gang colors" mentality that we've instilled amongst our population.
    That's all well and good, but the bottom line for the next cycle is going to be either vote for or against Hillary and any vote for a minor party candidate or a write-in will be a vote for Hillary. If she gets into office NONE OF US will be able to say that we know that the second amendment will be worth anything more than the paper its written on. JMO
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Westmoreland County)

That kind of thinking is why we're in the pickle we are. A lot of dems don't like Hillary. They'll only vote hillary if other folks concede on someone like McCain. I'd much rather see the Religious Right split off and vote for some nut like Pat Robertson, republicans do their McCain deal and A Libertarian party come in and pick up the slack with what is left and picking up a big portion of the Democrat vote in the process.

A big key to this next election is going to be "Rights". They've been raped and beaten for the last 40 years. People don't have a good understanding of what they are. However, some rights are more important 'the people' than other rights and that's why a broad approach to protecting all rights should be taken by whomever we vote for. If you single out gun rights, you'll turn off a lot of people that think circa early 90's/Waco/Ruby Ridge kind of bullshit."

If we're ever going to see any change, we've got to start early and set priorities. Don't make excuses for your vote and don't concede on your needs. Talk to your families and have them talk to their friends. This is how it starts and how is has to happen. Otherwise you'll see Red and Blue do their usual which is drain this country of assets and drive up our debt with little to show for but higher taxes. Both sides do it and as long as they are red or blue, that's not going to change.

"Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast