Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile O/Ced Monroe County and Wayne & Pike !

Made a lot of stops today started at Kohls in Bartonsville spent about an hour without issues and talking with MOD for store specials,Onto Shoprite and another hour with a busy store,you can just pick out the N Y ers with that 1,000 yard stare at the gun on my hip ! Never an issue here.Advance auto,Kinda query eyed cashier kept making errors on the register but manager got her on task and over heard did you see his gun ? Yes was his reply,we get that alot in Pa,where have you been ! I laughed and on my way....K Mart another easy visit,Desakis last night By the time I was noticed O/C ing my food was out on my plate,I could see they wanted to say something the staff that is,but probably thought if anything was said i would have walked out on the bill ! Well after our dinner staff approached and said,our manager would like to know what model and caliber ? I said why did he not ask me ? they said He was nervous ? I said so he sent you in his place,are you nervous,NO just its so cool and liked it. I laughed and left.Another Good Weekend !

(Indiana County)

Default Re: O/Ced Monroe County and Wayne & Pike !

When that close to Occupied Territory, you've got to open carry just so those from New York and New Jersey can see what Freedom actually is. Of course, observing their reactions is fun, too.

(Montgomery County)

Congrats on getting out there and OCing. It's a fantastic statement of freedom, that we at least for now are able to enjoy with little to no resistance.

I OC'd for some of today, the part before and after I was helping my dad with some light construction. He is not really pro carry and I respect it enough to keep it out of his face, so I CC'd during that time, but I was wearing an NRA shirt.

While OCing, I stopped at someone's yard sale, they didn't seem to care.

Later on my way home, I stopped for gas and some wannabe thug type was like "OOH, Pistol, can I hold it?" I simply replied with a firm "No" and kept an eye on him. He may or may not have sold dope to a guy in the corner of the lot in that time. Not my business, and aside from being an apparent idiot he was no threat. I finished pumping and left.

During the day I stopped at Lowe's to get some lumber with my dad. The NRA shirt drew highly positive attention from the cashier during checkout. She would've definitely been OK if I was OCing at that time. Might help that I actually knew the lady, as I used to work at that Lowe's years ago. She's an older Armenian. She knows something first hand about what happens to a disarmed populace.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post

Later on my way home, I stopped for gas and some wannabe thug type was like "OOH, Pistol, can I hold it?" I simply replied with a firm "No"

Oh Mary, Mother of creatures big and small. What is wrong with these kids? Did he think you'd be like "yeah sure here ya go, now just don't touch this trigger or it go BANG" This type of crap iis actually a reason I typically don't OC - that type of interaction/unwanted attention, and the ambiguity of it all. shrug
    -jFw

(Monroe County)

MDT
    Must have just missed you at Kohls Sat. I was there around 1PM. I have OC'd there many times.
    Daughter and GF and I drove down to Jim Thorpe and walked around town for like 2 hours. I did not know if the LEO down there are OC friendly but I OC'd my 1911 45 IWB with my shirt tucked behind it. Lots of out of staters but no issues. Got some stares and some small chatter behind my back but no problems. Not one store owner had a problem , and we were in and out of like every shop. Saw one patrol car the whole time there and he did not see me. I really did not want any conflict with my daughter and GF just strolling for a nice day out and about but I was prepared in case LEO approched me. I always think that when heading into a new area. Poconos I am out and about all the time so I dont even think of it, but new areas I kind of prepare myself for the worst. We still have to meet up MDT we are always crossing paths. We liable to run into each other one day(Kohls) and people may think we gonna havin a gun fight! peace.

(Bucks County)

Did my normal weekend carrying OC around Greentown. Stopped into a new outfitter shop on 507 just down the road from our place. The owner was a pretty nice guy. I didn't get his name, but he is just starting out. No comment on my OC. Went to John's for breakfast Sunday and had the same waitress who asked me last summer why I carried. She didn't even blink when I sat strong side out in the booth.

They are pretty OC friendly up that way.

(Monroe County)

Let me know when ur up that way on ur weekends. I will meet u at Kundlas. Im itching for some again.

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    Let me know when ur up that way on ur weekends. I will meet u at Kundlas. Im itching for some again.
    Sounds good to me,looking forward to meeting you Sir ! MDT

Cool Re: O/Ced Monroe County and Wayne & Pike !

While O/Cing today in N E PA Saw for the first time ever another O/C,What was unusual to me was The Badge he wore right next to his gun and strutting about the store,I was able to get a good read on the Badge ! Concealed Weapons Permit ! While I advocate CC & O/C It has always been my disposition,If your going to wear a Badge It better be Bonafide L/E ! Walmart, Pocono Pa. JMO/MDT

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    While O/Cing today in N E PA Saw for the first time ever another O/C,What was unusual to me was The Badge he wore right next to his gun and strutting about the store,I was able to get a good read on the Badge ! Concealed Weapons Permit ! While I advocate CC & O/C It has always been my disposition,If your going to wear a Badge It better be Bonafide L/E ! Walmart, Pocono Pa. JMO/MDT
    That explains it!!

If that's the weirdest thing you've ever seen being worn in Walmart, consider yourself lucky!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast