Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: In need of help with 7.62x39 AR

Wow, that would make a heck of a lot of sense. The bolt is prematurely rolling over and the lugs are colliding. That would explain the abrupt stopping and the fact that I can not push it front, while other times it just slides right in.

I oiled everything really well last night. I thought that was the ticket but then it started to malfunction again. I bought some Winchester brass case and those were WORSE! Malfunction on nearly every one.

As far as the cases, there are some scratches on the side, which I attribute to sliding up the feed ramp. The case rims are really chewed up though. I did have one stop dead with the point below the feed ramp, but that was a mag feeding problem.

I think it there seems to be a corilation (sp?) between the ejector not picking up the case rim and the premature bolt rotation Noah is suggesting.

Great stuff guys! Thanks a bunch

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: In need of help with 7.62x39 AR

Quick update. Gunsmith at Lanco is blaming the bolt carrier. He installed all of my BCG parts into a different carrier and said that it worked 100%. Kinda crazy but makes me feel better that I couldn't figure it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12