Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: PC section

(Delaware County)

Post PC section

I think this would be a great forum section to help people with PC issues and to even provide safe computing practices... We're all using PCs/MACs/Laptops to access these forums right now, so why not have a section where people like myself, who don't really have gunsmith type expertise can help others!!

Maybe like a Forum called:
    PC Help & Tricks
    --PC tips & tricks
    --Computer help

I know we're currently helping 4xlt with a possible DNS issue, but it can be hard to navigate to unless you've seen the post before. There has been many replies and I think this could become a hot forum section...

just my .02
    Last edited by andrewjs18; June 18th, 2008 at 06:50 PM.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: PC section

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    I think this would be a great forum section to help people with PC issues and to even provide safe commuting practices... We're all using PCs/MACs/Laptops to access these forums right now, so why not have a section where people like myself, who don't really have gunsmith type expertise can help others!!

I know we're currently helping 4xlt with a possible DNS issue, but it can be hard to navigate to unless you've seen the post before. There has been many replies and I think this could become a hot forum section...

just my .02
    I agree. Should be something to be considered in my opinion. Then again... if you can't get to the sight I don't know how much support were gonna be

(Delaware County)

That is true, but a lot of PC problems don't bring the entire PC to a grinding hault.

rofl had to fix a type in my original post.

original-safe commuting practices
    revised-safe computing practices

lmao!!

(Philadelphia County)

This is a firearms forum, not a computer forum. There are thousands and thousands of computer help forums on the Internet who will be much better suited to help.

If we went that route we might as well create a car forum, a medical forum, and so on and so on.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    This is a firearms forum, not a computer forum. There are thousands and thousands of computer help forums on the Internet who will be much better suited to help.

If we went that route we might as well create a car forum, a medical forum, and so on and so on.
    Gotta say I agree on that one. In what computer forum do you see a section for fire arms questions?? This an issue specific forum and it should be kept that way.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Westmoreland County)

Believe me, I run several forums...once you start adding off topic, sub forums...it never ends! That is what the Lounge is for! Post your computer problems, favorite car pics, girl problems and even ask for advice on that pesky toe fungus if you like (you realize that I'm being literal, right?) But we don't need a ton of specific forums.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Delaware County)

I guess it makes sense.

(Lehigh County)

Gotta say I agree on that one. In what computer forum do you see a section for fire arms questions?? This an issue specific forum and it should be kept that way.
    I managed to get a firearms forum added to the forums over on crownvic.net awhile back. Seems that the majority of Crown Victoria owners are not only conservatives, but also nearly universally like guns.

As for a dedicated computer forum, well, I agree, it's not really a focus for the forum so it shouldn't really have its own subforum. The demographic here doesn't really cater to it. If this were a predominantly geek/nerd type gun forum, then maybe. But this is a Pennsylvania gun forum.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    I managed to get a firearms forum added to the forums over on crownvic.net awhile back. Seems that the majority of Crown Victoria owners are not only conservatives, but also nearly universally like guns.

As for a dedicated computer forum, well, I agree, it's not really a focus for the forum so it shouldn't really have its own subforum. The demographic here doesn't really cater to it. If this were a predominantly geek/nerd type gun forum, then maybe. But this is a Pennsylvania gun forum.
    I'm working on it, but its hard to drag even gun owning geeks away from their *nix usenet groups. hmmm, maybe ill tell them that gun girls find gun geeks sexier than regular gun guys....
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.