Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Angry I "scared customers" at Wal-Mart, Montoursville

Well it finally happened. I recently got a nice leather holster for my RIA 1911 and Ive been breaking it in so to speak. I had this air mattress that wouldn't hold air so I went to Wal-Mart (Montoursville) to get a new one. Go to customer service she tells to get another and she'll make things right. I walk back, stop in to sneak a peek at the dvds, then go to pick up what I came for. Just as I get back there, a manager or associate (didn't care to distinguish which) walks past the isle, halts, and comes down. I immediately figure, 'here we go'. Here's the gist of the convo...

WM emp: "Hi sir, can I help you find anything today?"
    Me: "No thanks, just making an exchange"
    WM emp: "Oh ok, sir.. can I ask about your sidearm?"

(I wanted to say something smartassish like "sure, its a rock island armory 1911 that fires a .45 caliber round, the 1911 is best design IMO" but... i didnt)

Me: "sure"
    WM emp: *a bit flustered* "Are you LE, do you have a permit?"
    Me: "No, just a regular citizen. I don't need a permit to OC, but if it makes you feel any better I do have a LTCF."
    WM emp: "Well, you're scaring customers sir, we've had a few people complain. Can you leave, remove it, and come back?"

(I HADNT BEEN IN THE STORE 10 MIN!)

Me: "If you don't mind I'll just get what I came to exchange and go"
    WM emp: "thanks fine." *briskly walks away*

I grab the damn mattress and go out front. The girl does the deed and says have a nice day. I tell her "Could you please tell your manager I'll be taking the rest of my business elsewhere, Im sure they'll know why." She said "I will" with this confused look on her face. Exit stage right.

Well the scared sheep can lick the sweat off my hairy irish @$$. Talk about being a bit angered. I've OC with the G27 there different times, no problem. I was "scaring customers"... wtf does that make me? I guess just a law-abiding guy whose freedoms should be walked upon. What if I'm "scared" to be there without being able to protect myself? I'll just wait for PSP to come down the road AFTER I'm bleeding on the floor. Ok, now I know I sound abit harsh, but this was my first "bad" experience; and I had never had any problems before. Guess if I need anything there, I'll just CC and leave the blind sheep to feel warm and safe.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: I "scared customers" at Wal-Mart, Montoursville

I agree with you. The customer service employee probably ratted you out. Scared customers my arse.

(Luzerne County)

Ah, yes. The "several complaints" line. I've yet to get that line yet myself.

We hear this in so many OC (less than favorable) reports...

100% BS

Self important manager is simply not approving of your bold, self sufficient behavior

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Erie County)

I would have asked to speak with the manager, "unless I need to leave under threat of trespass."

I would have then had him/her make clear WalMarts policy on firearm carriage, then if they continue to tell you that you can't carry, politely tell them that you will no longer be patronizing this Wal-Mart, and will let your Pro2A organizations know that they are not gun-friendly so everyone else will know not to patronize either.

THEN Leave.
    Open Carry: it's whats for dinner.

(Berks County)

At least he let you make the exchange. When I was confronted at summit lanes the employee could bearly let me get my daughter 1st.

Good job though, Letter heading there way??

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle09027 View Post
    At least he let you make the exchange. When I was confronted at summit lanes the employee could bearly let me get my daughter 1st.

Good job though, Letter heading there way??
    I'm giving it a thought, maybe to that store and corp.. Just so they know how I feel about it and maybe... just maybe if they see the light they will start telling people who complain there's nothing they can do because it is perfectly LEGAL.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHO THE HELL AM I KIDDING! HAHA
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Luzerne County)

Letters dont mean a thing to wal mart... I sent one after my "confrontation" as
    wal mart a few months ago and did not even get a response..... guess they dont need my money any more.... but thats ok.... would rather buy AMERICAN products anyway.....

nice job though..... WTG

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by clarion44 View Post
    ...a manager or associate (didn't care to distinguish which) walks past the isle, halts, and comes down...

...WM emp: "Well, you're scaring customers sir, we've had a few people complain. Can you leave, remove it, and come back?"...
    Yeah, I like how the situation and the excuse dont add up at all. Sounds like he just then noticed the sidearm...yet says he knew of you having it prior. Gotta love it.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by CommonHighrise View Post
    Yeah, I like how the situation and the excuse dont add up at all. Sounds like he just then noticed the sidearm...yet says he knew of you having it prior. Gotta love it.
    When he walked past the isle, it was as if he was looking for something... me, so he prolly did know
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

You said you checked ou dvd's?
    Was there a young guy working the electronics dept? heavy set,glasses,tattos?
    If so you should have taken the manager there.
    He is pro 2A!!!!!!
    And a member here!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast