Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Lionheart 9, anyone?

My buddy and me have been looking into new carry pistols.

Right now we're both looking at the czp07, walther ppq, and the aforementioned lionhearted.

I've heard lots of praise about that pistol and we're both lusting to fire one, or even handle one.

Does anyone have any experience with one? Or perhaps know of a range near philly where one is available for rent?
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Lionheart 9, anyone?

The Lionheart is essentially a remake of the Korean Daewoo Military service pistol. It is a tri-action pistol. conventional Da/Sa action with the ability to push a cocked hammer forward with your thumb to disengage the trigger at which point a light pull on the trigger resets the trigger and it then can be shot double action. The Lionheart is an improvement of the original design offering better grips ,sights and cerakote finishes. The original Daewoo was known as the Korean Hi-power since it borrows much from that design, mine was accurate shooter that never had any issues. I like the compact version that is currently available in 9 mm and I too have been thinking about getting another one. It is one pistol that I regret selling.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Clearfield County)

I don't think they're worth the premium they cost over the daewoo version.

I have one of the dp-51's and I wouldn't rate it much better then mediocre. Function has been great but accuracy is so/so and I can't get the rear sight to move to get it to shoot to point of aim. They haven't done anything to the lionheart that would improve the daewoo's issues.

(Cumberland County)

I posted about it a while back because I was interested too. I never bought it because I couldn't justify the price for the gun......

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/251624-lionheart.html
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

I would rate the PPQ and the P07 as best, A and very good, A-. I have shot both and would buy which ever I could get the best price on.
    20 years USN - OSC

(Northampton County)

PO7 duty would be my choice out of the three based on the fact that it can be a safety or a decocker model if you buy one that comes with the safety included. Second it has plenty of after market support from companies such as Cajun Gun Works and the CZ Custom Shop for better trigger systems sights and such. The Walther has less after market support especially in the sight dept, but the trigger system is nice on the stock model. The Lionheart has available night sights and holster options on their website and comes with a unique trigger system that I like a lot. The Novak sights , slide seration's which will ease cocking the pistol and the aggressive grips are all nice upgrades to the original design. In addition it now comes with a rail for a light or laser and the machining fit and finish are a big improvement over the old service pistols that we have seen here for years. The price of $700.00 which I believe is for the night sight version is high. The stock one sells for $536.00 at Buds with free shipping and you have the option to make an offer to get it for less which means anywhere from $5.00 to $20.00 off-that's usually about all you will get out of them when you make an offer. The lionheart does get good reviews from the MAC channel Nut&fancy and Collon Noir and some others. If I could get one for $475 I would be happier as I too believe the price is a tad high. Last I leave you with a little advice ,shooting them before buying them is always the best option. I often take people to the range so they can try something out of my collection before they buy it. Often what works well for one person does not quite get the job done for someone else. It may be grip size, sights, trigger systems or ergonomics. One thing I don't do is just rely on what others on the internet tell me. I am a pistol whore ,I like to try them out and see for myself how they work. If they suit my needs then I add them to my collection. Find some one who has them and shoot them then decide for yourself.

(Philadelphia County)

Yeah I'm personally pretty set on a p07. My first firearm was a cz75bd so it calls to me I suppose

I'd love to fire one as wel as an LH though

(Northampton County)

I have a PO7 in my Cz collection that you are more than welcome to come up and test fire. Getting back to the Lionheart, I spent some time studying their product and accessories on their website yesterday. The pistol comes with one of the nicest nylon padded cases which is setup to hold all the cleaning accessories and the froglube that comes with it. The pistols are coated with froglube at the factory before they are shipped to you. There are several different holster setups along with mag carriers available on their website. Sight options include a Novak and the standard stlye and you can get a fiber optic or tritium front sight as well. Additional mags are available also. Their are 5 different models of the pistol available currently three come with Novak sights. In addition I when thru their materials that are used in the manufacture of the firearms -everything is forged and only top notch aircraft grade aluminum is used for the alloy frame . It not a cheaply constructed firearm. If you are interested in one of these you should really read thru their entire website. I was very impressed and decided to go ahead and put in an application as a dealer and I will be getting in the three higher end models shortly to evaluate for myself along with some holsters and addition mags. The pistol comes with an impressive manual which has links to videos should the owner need any assistance. There are spare parts available on the website as well. I will come back on the forum again to discuss these pistols after I have had time to beat the crap out of them throughly and let you know what I think then.

(Philadelphia County)

That's awesome of you, I appreciate it

(Bucks County)

I was looking at the Lionhearts as well. I didn't like the magazine release. I had to break my grip to activate it, even worse than a 1911. That was really my only gripe.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast