Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beretta nano

Default Beretta nano

What's the skinny on them? I heR they're good pistols but they have some issues, has beretta corrected them? I really like the FDE frames and the night sight option. I don't know much about them but they seem to be solid except for the issues with FTE and they don't really like 115gr ammo. Anybody have info?
    How does it stack up to the Kahr pistols?

Default Re: Beretta nano

Beretta has changed the barrels but they never acknowledged it. The older ones had a scallop cut near the front of the ejection port, at the beginning of 2013 they started shipping with a version that is flat all the way across. There is no difference in part number & I can't say this was some magic fix in light of people running a small gun dirty thinking the tolerances are the same as a full size, the possibility of a bad batch of feed ramps, etc. Also, Dawson Precision makes a fiber optic front sight since the Trijicons are so overpriced =P

I did speak to someone before buying my Nano who owned one as well as the CM9 & carried both regularly. His advice was to buy whatever you could get a better deal on. Some people love the Kahr trigger & can overlook the other corners cut. The CM9 has pinned sights, which wouldn't be a big deal except it has post sights & most people prefer a 3 dot sight picture, so you need a gunsmith to change them out. When you are paying for upgraded sights, that adds to the expense even more. Kahr also only ships the CM9 with one magazine, & there have been reports of bad mag springs / followers.

I have carried my Nano for almost a year now & I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Shoot it first. I had one and recently traded in, not because of any problems but because I couldn't hit the side of a barn with it. Though I've seen others shoot it very accurately.

Ok so I picked up the nano in black today. I'm taking it to the range tomorrow to see how it does.

Good choice. Would be interested in how it performs, good or bad.

(Chester County)

Watching this. Tanners has a good deal on Nanos right now.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsafety View Post
    Watching this. Tanners has a good deal on Nanos right now.
    What's their price?

I got a good one at shydas. I've heard some bad stuff about shydas but I've bought my last two pistols from them and can't say anything but good stuff. I think they could be a bit friendlier but when I'm getting good prices on nice firearms I'll deal with the dryness.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    What's their price?

I got a good one at shydas. I've heard some bad stuff about shydas but I've bought my last two pistols from them and can't say anything but good stuff. I think they could be a bit friendlier but when I'm getting good prices on nice firearms I'll deal with the dryness.
    We have the all Black and the FDE models both on sale for $299

(Bucks County)

I got a nano awhile back from tanners (though not for $299 ). It's a little heavy for pocket carry, but is one of the most comfortable guns I've carried on my hip. It is probably my least accurate gun, but I can empty a magazine center of mass at targets 5 yards and under, which is the task this gun was meant for; and as far as reliability goes I've had zero malfunctions in the couple hundred rounds I've put through it.

My only complaint is it isn't the most fun gun to shoot, so I practice with it far less than my full sized pistols.

I only put a box of 50 blazer brass 124gr through it and 6 federal HST 124+p cause that's all I had with me. It was flawless. I definitely need more trigger time to get a better feel for it but it shoots nice. Recoil is not bad at all and I felt I was able to get a good grip on it. I shot at 7yds and out all but 2 on a 8" pastie. I'm carrying it in a Galco cheapy holster but it works for now and it's much more comfy to carry than my LCR. Glad I made the switch and I will continue to out more rounds through it of all different types and weights.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast