Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Tisas 1911

(Lancaster County)

Default Tisas 1911

Hi all !

I got to go out to the back 40 and shoot my Tisas Zig 1911 (from Tukey) - shot some .22 from my Kimber (with conversion) to get warmed up... This is the end result with the Tisas - shot a little low (Novak combat sights) but pretty much true to point of aim. I have about 500 rounds down the pipe, and today I had my first malfunctions (2 ftf's with Blazer brass out of 50 -could have been my grip or the ammo or a dirty gun) - I don't blame the pistol... All in all I am very happy with it, and not afraid to USE/ABUSE this gun considering the price point.

Cb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by solrac7; July 13th, 2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling/grammar

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Tisas 1911

Nice piece. The Turkish guns seem to get good reviews.

(Northampton County)

They get good reviews because they are well built and they work well. They will become more mainstream as those in the US see the value in these pistols and then the price will go up, buy now while they are a still cheap. I have personally shot and tested almost every Tisas, Sar and Canik pistols that have been imported into this country. I currently have 6 Caniks, 5 Sars and 2 very custom Tisas 1911's one in 9 mm and one in 45 acp. The accuracy and performance that I have been able to get out of these handguns is outstanding. In fact I have grown so fond of the Sar K2 15 round capacity 45 acp a cz 75/eaa tanfoglio clone that I rarely shoot my 1911's any more. I will be posting pictures of two of my Sar custom pistol builds this week in the picture section , a K2 and a K2P model. I am hoping that as their popularity increases that Sar will make the rest of their pistol and revolver lineup available to the US market. To anyone who has any questions about any of the Turkish handguns you can feel free to contact me I will give you an honest answer about their products. Their was one that I did not like and it is the Canik TP9 striker fired pistol, function was great and so was what you got with the pistol , but I did not care for the trigger system, it had a two stage feel with excessive creep. I am currently waiting for the new Sargun striker fired pistol to arrive so that I may thoroughly test it as well and report back with some input .
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lancaster County)

The only thing I didn't like about the gun, was the grips it came with. They seemed cheap and unfinished, but that wasn't an issue for me, as I had intended to put custom ones on anyway - currently wearing RAASCO Dymondwood grips.

Cb

(Chester County)

anyone know how this Tisas compares to a Rock Island Armory?

(Chester County)

I had a Tisas M1911-A1 and it was an awesome pistol. I replaced the grips and it was a solid machine. I hated the GI sights, but it's a GI pistol. I REALLY regret selling mine.

On a similar note, the majority of guns coming out of Turkey these days are really great quality built items. I love my Canik Stingray.

(Northampton County)

I work on both regularly ,the fit finish and machining are better on the Tisas. The factory finish on the Tisas is also better than the Rock. .
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor