Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Buying new pistol. Need help

I been thinking about this purchase for a few months now. On the 18th this month I am looking to buy a .380. I have it narrowed down between a Taurus 738, a ruger lcp, and a kel-tec p3at.... My wife has a pf9 and I HATE the trigger on it and I'm assuming the p3at is the same if I'm wrong someone please correct me. I here all good things about the Lcp buts it's the most expensive of the 3. I don't know much about the Taurus. My father in law has a Taurus 45 which jams a lot but that's all I know about Taurus tbh.... What do you guys think. Anyone around mercer/butler/beaver county have 1 they would let me shoot? Do gun dealers usually match budsgunshop?

Ps. Plz don't put Hi-point jokes. I rarely buy guns so when I do I like to be informed well

Default Re: Buying new pistol. Need help

You can find a used LCP on the boards here for $200 or so. Then I would purchase galloway precision trigger to take the yuck out of the LCP trigger.

That's my 2 cents!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    I been thinking about this purchase for a few months now. On the 18th this month I am looking to buy a .380. I have it narrowed down between a Taurus 738, a ruger lcp, and a kel-tec p3at.... My wife has a pf9 and I HATE the trigger on it and I'm assuming the p3at is the same if I'm wrong someone please correct me. I here all good things about the Lcp buts it's the most expensive of the 3. I don't know much about the Taurus. My father in law has a Taurus 45 which jams a lot but that's all I know about Taurus tbh.... What do you guys think. Anyone around mercer/butler/beaver county have 1 they would let me shoot? Do gun dealers usually match budsgunshop?

Ps. Plz don't put Hi-point jokes. I rarely buy guns so when I do I like to be informed well
    I like the TCP. Better trigger than the LCP. The later models have been pretty reliable. I've got more than 500 rounds through mine, not one failure. Every kind of ammo. Very simple to disassemble and reassemble.
    I got mine from KYGUN.com for $199. No lgs would come anywhere near that. My ffl charges $20, and the tax is more if you buy from lgs. Hell, one lgs in Erie wouldn't even match another in Erie. Told me to go buy it at the other place. And... when I did buy a gun there, told me I was on my own if anything went wrong with it.

One problem with .380 though is still availability of ammo. Worse than 22lr!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield724 View Post
    So basically you are requesting that no one do what you have done yourself in every inappropriate manner possible?
    FUCK BIDEN

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    I like the TCP. Better trigger than the LCP. The later models have been pretty reliable. I've got more than 500 rounds through mine, not one failure. Every kind of ammo. Very simple to disassemble and reassemble.
    I got mine from KYGUN.com for $199. No lgs would come anywhere near that. My ffl charges $20, and the tax is more if you buy from lgs. Hell, one lgs in Erie wouldn't even match another in Erie. Told me to go buy it at the other place. And... when I did buy a gun there, told me I was on my own if anything went wrong with it.

One problem with .380 though is still availability of ammo. Worse than 22lr!
    I didn't realize that about the ammo. I'd be ok with a different caliber. Just need a pocket carry gun. I want to spend around 300 but I am willing to spend up to 500 if the more expensive gun is really worth it. I liked some charter arms revolver. Idk how big the lc9 is. I didn't realize this about 380 ammo this set me back big time

(Mercer County)

I decided to just charge it on my credit card and pay for it next week. I just ordered a Taurus 738 .380 tcp. Stainless steel slide. Excited to get it

(Lancaster County)

I have had a TCP for two years and the only ammo it failed to shoot was LRN factory reloads. The trigger on mine is great and I personally like the key operated trigger lock.
    Sit down! You'll never clear leather.

(Northampton County)

CDNN just got Sig 290RS in stock for $349.

TCP is a great gun though. Best pocket .380 of the group.

I agree about the TCP. It's the best of the bunch. I had one and put over 200 rounds of all different HP ammo through it with a single hiccup. I just can't do the pocket carry thing. I carry an LCR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast