Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Found a good gunsmith in Lancaster (near 30)

I want to share the good experience I had with a gentleman starting up a smithing business in Lancaster near Route 30. He also has a FFL so he can do private transfers at his residence. That makes everything even more convenient. His name is Brian and his # is 717 823 2062. He works out of a dedicated shop in his home and is located in the Neffsville area of Lancaster right off Lititz Pike near route 30. He was recommended to me by some members of my range when I let it be known I was looking for someone to do some work on a Smith and Wesson revolver I just picked up. I dropped the gun off on a Sunday and he had it ready Tuesday. I'm not sure if that's typical but when I first talked to him I asked him when he thought he could get it on the bench and I would bring it in then. He said he could do it right away which worked out fine. Hission for his work and attention to detail is evident as he actually did more to my gun (after calling me to make sure it was ok) then I paid for. He turned my run of the mill model 686 into what I always wanted. As we talked it was clear he's not just into revolvers and I plan to get some of my semi autos to him when I have the cash. If you call him please tell him Brian from the forum sent you. Quick turn around and fair prices from a local guy who loves what he does can't be beat.
    Last edited by bripro; July 6th, 2014 at 08:26 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Found a good gunsmith in Lancaster (near 30)

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    I want to share the good experience I had with a gentleman starting up a smithing business in Lancaster near Route 30. He also has a FFL so he can do private transfers at his residence. That makes everything even more convenient. His name is Brian and his # is 717 823 2062. He works out of a dedicated shop in his home and is located in the Neffsville area of Lancaster right off Lititz Pike near route 30. He was recommended to me by some members of my range when I let it be known I was looking for someone to do some work on a Smith and Wesson revolver I just picked up. I dropped the gun off on a Sunday and he had it ready Tuesday. I'm not sure if that's typical but when I first talked to him I asked him when he thought he could get it on the bench and I would bring it in then. He said he could do it right away which worked out fine. Hission for his work and attention to detail is evident as he actually did more to my gun (after calling me to make sure it was ok) then I paid for. He turned my run of the mill model 686 into what I always wanted. As we talked it was clear he's not just into revolvers and I plan to get some of my semi autos to him when I have the cash. If you call him please tell him Brian from the forum sent you. Quick turn around and fair prices from a local guy who loves what he does can't be beat.
    What did you have done to your revolver?

(Lancaster County)

Thanks for sharing! I'd like to have a patridge front site installed on my 686 and this fellow is in my backyard.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    What did you have done to your revolver?
    When I bought it it had reduced power springs installed that were causing light primer strikes. I had him change them back to factory springs and smooth out the double action pull. He noticed it had push off problems allowing the hammer to fall without pulling the trigger. He took care of that as well for no extra charge. He also cleaned the heck out of it. It looked brand new when I picked it up.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Franklin County)

I took a Remington 600 to Brian to have him exchange the barrel for a new stainless steel number. Got a call from him a few days later with bad news. He was removing the old barrel when the wrench slipped cracking the action at the top of the ejector port.
    Brian offered to replace the action if and when he could find one, a cash settlement or he would order a new Remington 700 and sell it to me at wholesale less the value of the old 600 action.
    Bottom line, I got a Remington 700 varmint rifle for well below the wholesale price. Brian took a bad situation and made it good for me, the customer, at his expense. So, if I can find a good Remington action, I'll have him install the stainless barrel. I'm a satisfied customer and recommend Brian as an honest business man.
    I forgot to mention, the new rifle came with a $40 rebate and also was recalled by Remington to fix the trigger and it went back to the repair center today. I may get it back around the new year, if I'm lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post

(Delaware County)

You found gold. A gunsmith and one that is competent in his work. How old is Brian? The full service metal and wood gunsmiths I know are well into their 60s and as good as they are, will not last forever.

I dont know this guy, but being in the business myself I have to say its nice to hear this sort of thing. Brian sounds like a legit, standup, solid guy. (even if he is a competitor....)