Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Disturbing OC arrest

Bang have any cops been sued or jailed for not protecting someone?
    Have they been sued or jailed for violating someone's rights and causing injury?
    Your damned if they do damned if they don't doesn't really play.
    This behavior can not be defended, even by the anti open carry, anti rifle OC crowd. These cops went above and beyond sharing their negative opinion of the guys actions. They made their opinion law. Had they told him he was an idiot and left go on his way, we wouldn't be talking about this or we'd be agreeing with the cops. Instead I'm outraged

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Holy crap...that was awful. Next time I get paid I am donating to his legal fund.
    I will be as well. That was a mob mentality and things could have gone really sideways. This is outrageous

(Bucks County)

Yes. Cops should know. After all, they have the latest in crystal balls in the cruiser and the latest in mind-reading electronics in their hats.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Yes. Cops should know. After all, they have the latest in crystal balls in the cruiser and the latest in mind-reading electronics in their hats.
    Do you think the officers acted in an acceptable manner in the op? The set him up to be arrested. Is that acceptable as well?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post
    Look at where her hand that is supposed to be on the foregrip is.....I think she was a rookie scared to death and peeing her pants! Her hand is not even on the foregrip. She was so excited she isn't holding the shotgun right!
    Probably would have been funny if he had SUDDENLY yelled "BOO"!! in her direction and watched her piss herself. The problem is she would have squeezed the trigger in the middle of her self-inflicted Golden Shower and lost a toe, or worse she would have given the lead officer an assload of buckshot. (Of course, that would have been the perp's fault). Even if she had gotten the first shot off, she probably would have missed and got the other little girl cop behind the 'perp'. Speaking of her, look at her demeanor. She is standing in a position of deference to the lead cop. She isn't sure what to do. She is just waiting to see how it goes and IF it goes to 'jump his ass' or 'ammo dump' she is going to go right along with it. Why? Because she is a Affirmative Action hire who has neither the will, the courage, nor the intelligence to think for herself and decide that , one: "this is going right, or two: this is going wrongly" and react appropriately. She is just floating along doing the minimum until she retires. She is the cop nobody wants around. Useless.

Scumnandez, on the other hand is one nobody wants around either. She is LOOKING for a fight. She will get someone killed, she wants someone to die on her watch. Trouble is, and her coworkers KNOW it, it could be them that she kills or gets killed.

The final cop in frame, the troublemaker that decided he is going to humiliate the 'perp' by dumping all his ammo on the ground, forcing him to kneel to retrieve it, is the biggest concern here. He is the one all the others defer to . See how no-one stepped up and said, "Whoa, that's a little over the line there, Officer Punkass". Because he is going to humiliate and show this citizen the that his AUTHORITY will be respected, or he will kick ass and take names. This is the guy that flunked out of Boot Camp as soon as the Drill Instructors realized he is a power-tripping little weenie just drooling at the thought of getting his paws on full auto weapon. Yes, Officer Punkass needs to be shown the door, and he needs never to hold so much as a badge made of rubber again.

As for the mindless ramblings of a person who is on my ignore list and therefore I have to see their comments quoted in others response posts, where do you get your information that his car was parked anywhere near a mall? Or, that he even had a car there? Learn to read situations before spouting a bunch of cop-worshipping hoohah, will you?

Further, let's be perfectly clear here. What is the opinion of the group here as the WHERE the gun was on initial contact? My thoughts: it was slung on his back. Why? "I don't want to touch the rifle". That indicates , one, it was out of his immediate grasp yet still on his person, two, he was not holding it in front of him.
    The ENTIRE encounter could have played out with a respectful conversation where no-one handled any firearms, no-one disrespected anyone, and no-one got threatened or their rights got trampled.
    Last edited by Manxdriver; July 6th, 2014 at 01:17 PM.

(Bucks County)

Would someone please relay to Manxdriver that the OC'er loudly proclaimed he had his car parked there and he was trying to get to his car, which was LIKELY on the parking lot where a number of cars are visible in the footage.

Also please relay to Manxdriver that I ASKED if it was a mall, I did not say it was.

While you are doing me this huge favor, would you please suggest to Manxdriver that relying on second-hand distortions of what the first person stated is a little mindless in and of itself? Thanks!

Absolutely a mess. The cops were punks. That being said, I need to express that while one may have the right to do something like carry a firearm, especially a long gun, on their person, it should not mean that they should do so. Especially when they KNOW it will cause others to be alarmed. In my opinion, and this is just my opinion...one who does this is looking for the attention. Let's face it, if we are to prevail we need to uphold a higher moral standard. Yes, we are legally permitted to open carry in many states. If you were heading out on a hunting trip, or in and out of a local gun shop, or range one would might not think twice. But, is it in our best interest to cause alarm? Most sane people will run the other way if an individual has a firearm out in the open. We are trained from early on that Police etc. have guns. They have a uniform denoting that they are on the job. They carry firearms. We on the other hand do not. And while we know that in order to have the right to purchase and have these items, we go thru a series of checks, the general public really has no clue. I feel that if we are to win this battle, we need to be diligent in appearing to to be a regular, and peaceable member of the community. We need to look like everyone else, and behave rationally and understand that not everyone is going to appreciate the fact that we choose to carry a firearm. Shoving it in others faces, and garnering unwanted attention will only cause a backlash which will ultimately doom us to failure. Don't give em the ammunition to take away our rights.
    Last edited by fotomaniac; July 6th, 2014 at 01:46 PM.

(Lawrence County)

Manxdriver I agree with you on the asshole who dumped his ammo on the ground for no real reason than to be a complete asshole. That was the second thing I noticed which would piss me off. First being that stupid lady cop being a bitch and holding a shotgun at him even after he showed he had no other weapons.

He DID say his car was in the direction of the officer on the loud speaker of his cruiser. End of the video he says, "my car's over there."

As for position of the rifle, it could have been slung across his chest. ANY movement towards his rifle no matter where it was on his person could have been seen as an act of aggression towards the officers who were EXTREMELY ready to shoot the guy with the rifle for any reason. I do believe that even if the subject would have sneezed, he would have been shot.

Bad idea all around by all parties....
    "Do not use K-9 advantix on cats"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Bang have any cops been sued for not protecting someone?
    Yes....many, many, many times. This concept of "the police have no duty to protect you" is not as simple as everyone thinks it is.

far away in a galaxy called NJ, New Jersey

this is why the anti's get so far because of people doing dumb stuff like this. The media has drilled this fear into people..i just don't get why people have to open carry then become upset with the outcome

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast