Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Disturbing OC arrest

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    You honestly don't see the difference between an officer responding to "shots fired" and an officer responding to "someone walking"? Wow, I don't even know where to go with this then.
    And refusing to ID one's self or refusing to be searched does not constitute RAS.
    If you really care about this encounter and want to understand what really happened, you need to do some reading and researching because I'm not sure you understand what is at stake during these events.
    Well, let the ad hominem attacks begin. I don't really know where to go with this either. I am an open carry advocate; however, I am not an anti-police, paranoid conspiracy theory all police are thugs and looking for an excuse to shoot me advocate. I have friends relatives and acquaintances that work in law enforcement, everything from local police, to sheriffs, to state troopers, to federal. They are great Americans and I appreciate their service.

I don't think these cops were looking for an excuse to arrest this guy. Had he cooperated he would have been on his way.

As for what is at stake, I get it. But when open carry advocates go off asserting their rights, more and more establishments ban firearms. Starbucks, Target, etc are examples.

What you have to appreciate is that a responding officer doesn't know the individual or his motives. In this case of the video the open carry advocate had parked in a private lot. Had gotten into it with bystanders which caused the police to be called, and had been uncooperative with police. I don't agree with him being arrested but I think he is just as responsible for his arrest as the police.
    Last edited by Rimfire; July 8th, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rimfire View Post
    Well, let the ad hominem attacks begin. I don't really know where to go with this either. I am an open carry advocate; however, I am not an anti-police, paranoid conspiracy theory all police are thugs and looking for an excuse to shoot me advocate. I have friends relatives and acquaintances that work in law enforcement, everything from local police, to sheriffs, to state troopers, to federal. They are great Americans and I appreciate their service.

I don't think these cops were looking for an excuse to arrest this guy. Had he cooperated he would have been on his way.

As for what is at stake, I get it. But when open carry advocates go off asserting their rights, more and more establishments ban firearms. Starbucks, Target, etc are examples.

What you have to appreciate is that a responding officer doesn't know the individual or his motives. In this case of the video the open carry advocate had parked in a private lot. Had gotten into it with bystanders which caused the police to be called, and had been uncooperative with police. I don't agree with him being arrested but I think he is just as responsible for his arrest as the police.
    Ok, We're so far apart on so many levels, I don't see any coming together.

(Lehigh County)

What. The. Duck.

Edit: autocorrect, you're awesome.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

I don't think these cops were looking for an excuse to arrest this guy.
    You must have been watching a different video than I watched.

Had he cooperated he would have been on his way.
    Like a good subject, bowing to the government masters.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Ok, We're so far apart on so many levels, I don't see any coming together.
    On that we agree

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    You must have been watching a different video than I watched.

Like a good subject, bowing to the government masters.
    I did watch the other videos posted on various sites pertaining to this and read the articles surrounding the Vancouver incident, so it is true, I may have a different perspective.

(Berks County)

Asserting ones rights is not being uncooperative.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Sure it is. But it's not uncooperative in a wrongful manner.

Locking my door is uncooperative, from the perspective of a burglar. Refusing to waive my rights is uncooperative, to an investigating cop. But I'm well within my rights to lock my doors and keep my rights.

We are not good little Germans, obedient to authority, letting the good of the many outweigh the needs of the few. It would always be helpful to the govt if the citizens put their petty little needs aside and made things easier for cops and IRS agents and DEA agents and foreign-born tyrants.

But we don't exist to make things easier for government. Government exists to make things easier for us.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    Of course it is. But I understand and don't necessarily disagree with your point.

However, cops are humans and if you make things hard for them, then be prepared for them to make things difficult for you.

It's a choice you have to make. If I was stopped by a cop, I would show him my LTCF and tell him where my firearm is. In PA I have a right not to, but I choose to avoid the potential bad consequence of not telling him. Now, since I tell him he could then choose to remove my firearm, runs its serial number of do any of a number of things to make my life miserable. But you know what, I've never had a bad experience. I think much of that is because I choose to be cooperative.

It's worked pretty well for me, I haven't gotten a ticket since the 1960's, but I've been stopped plenty of times.

(Delaware County)

Have any Jewish friends? Ask them what they think of being overly cooperative with the government and how that works out.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast