Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: XD needs work. looking for gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    The STRIKER SAFETY LEVER... that is what is giving me all the problems and that I knew wasn't working right. The trigger bar is not moving far enough forward to move this piece up.

I got a reply from Springer. (I bad mouthed the video). They agreed the video sucks. And tried to help me out, and told me to call if I needed more help.

They also informed me that I will have to grind or sand down the trigger bar. That is what the problem is. They sent me a pic of what to work on. Here it is. Upper left hand corner is the area giving me problems. Guess the pistol will get torn apart again, and this time, I will have to start grinding.

Right, that's what I suspected the problem was after you had started to describe it. The area you're having problems with is the one that the smiths usually work on. I'd stay away from the dremel unless you're really experienced with them. You can make the trigger into the factory one, or not a lot better if you take a lot off. Remember that a little goes a long ways, and that if you take your time and fit it properly, it'll result in a MUCH better trigger. Let us know how it goes, and I'm glad you know what's going on and how to get the trigger you're wanting.

(Cambria County)

I ground what I thought was probably too much off. Still don't work. Trigger is moving now, but still isn't lifting the piece up it needs too.

Now, I have it "locked up" again, and I'm trying to get that button inside pushed to release the firing pin, so I can take it apart again. Got frustrated and gave up. Try again later.

But right now, I'm ready to just send the whole damn gun in and have someone else do it.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Cambria County)

I'll be damned... I fixed it.

I decided on one last try. Got the dremel back out and went to town. I think what was killing me was more the back side of the trigger bar.

Anyway, I ground the shit out of it. And put it back together. I could pull the trigger and everything seemed to be working. Grabbed a magazine, and went outside. Dumped 17 rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger. Everything went well.

Looks like I fixed the damn thing after all that.

And yes, it is a much better trigger than what was on it. Took, a lot of the travel out of the pull. OK, I'm happy again.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

I've been traveling for work, so I just got back to this thread. I'm really glad to hear that you got it figure out and are happy again. :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234