Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Army looking to replace the M9

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    In honor of Valorious and because I think it makes sense, the FN 5.7.
    ^I was actually wondering if they would consider that. Let's face it, cost is a major factor. If the US Army could get a great deal, then they might go for it. Aside from that, I doubt it. It would be interesting to see and read about the ballistic testing the Army would put the round through.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    The .357sig would fit the bill well IMO. More capacity than the .45acp with less weight per round than .40. A 115gr at 1,550 fps or 125gr bullet at 1,450 out of a full sized pistol should work nicely for them. Maybe they could come up with a bullet design that yaws and maximizes damage.
    ^I think 357 sig would be a great choice. I know we probably have to go with a NATO round, but all the NATO countries would have to do is make new casings (speaking about producing new rounds, not pistols). They could still use 124 grain bullets. Hell, European bullets and American casings, they could make a huge public relations deal out of it . I can't see Europe accepting the "American" round (.45acp).

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    As an insider on this issue, the Army is looking for something much more than just a caliber change. Think along the lines of something like the FNX45 + Sig P250 + Glock.....Hope this helps steer thoughts in the right direction.
    So they are finally going to consider the striker fired pistols and get away from the basically worthless "double strike" requirement. A good thing IMO.

(Perry County)

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    In honor of Valorious and because I think it makes sense, the FN 5.7.
    I was thinking the same and was going to word my post the same way.

Well they need a new close combat high capacity handgun for their new objective......domestic terrorism. You don't bring a 1911 to a Glock fight.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Chester County)

HK45 in .45 ACP? This would seem to fit the bill nicely.

(Cambria County)

You guys need to READ THE ARTICLE...

"I don't think anybody would argue that shot placement is the most important for terminal ballistics," Langdon said. "Even though you say a .45 is better than a 9mm, it's still a pistol caliber. Chances are if it is a determined adversary, they are going to have to be shot multiple times regardless of the caliber."

Many law-enforcement shooting incidents have shown this to be reality, he said.

"I talked to a Chicago cop that shot a guy eight times with a .45 to kill him and that was a 230 grain Hydra-Shok," Langdon said. "And that guy now carries a 9mm …he realized that handgun bullets suck. "You have to shoot people a lot with a handgun."

All you "45" guys... they pretty much bad mouth your round. Saying your better off with a 9mm, cause pistol rounds are such notorious "non" man stoppers that your better off having more rounds in your gun that a 9mm provides, rather than the eight rounds the 45 allows you to carry.

They say that the 40's have a tendency to fall apart to quickly, since they are just 9mm frames shooting 40 caliber bullets.

Nope, sounds like they are looking for something a lot bigger. Something that will provide a ONE SHOT STOP. And sorry, but your 45 isn't it.

This should be interesting.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post

All you "45" guys... they pretty much bad mouth your round. Saying your better off with a 9mm, cause pistol rounds are such notorious "non" man stoppers that your better off having more rounds in your gun that a 9mm provides, rather than the eight rounds the 45 allows you to carry.

You need to read up on modern firearms. Today there are several double stack .45 ACP semi auto pistols that hold at least 13 round with flush fit magazines, more if you allow a little extension. In a service weapon in a duty holster 15 + 1 of .45 ACP is easily doable.

Offerings from HK, FN, Glock, Kimber, etc are all much higher capacity than the single stack 1911.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post

They say that the 40's have a tendency to fall apart to quickly, since they are just 9mm frames shooting 40 caliber bullets.

Nope, sounds like they are looking for something a lot bigger. Something that will provide a ONE SHOT STOP. And sorry, but your 45 isn't it.

This should be interesting.
    Something with not a ton of kick but with lots of stopping power.... This sounds like a starwars laser gun

If you can fit in 15+1 of .45acp you can fit in at minimum 17+1 .40 or 19+1 9x19. A 15+1 .45acp is going to be a behemouth. Keep in mind the weapon has to be able to be used by all whom are issued it, thus hand size, strength and etc will vary. Plus the weight aspect.

Honestly the noisy cricket is pretty bad ass.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast