Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Tau Phi Delta - Outdoors Interest Fraternity - Penn State University Park

Tau Phi Delta

First off let me get this out of the way, this is not your typical fraternity. The best way that I can describe joining Tau Phi Delta is as if you are joining a lodge or outdoors club.

Tau Phi Delta is a national professional forestry fraternity that holds a special interest in the outdoors, enjoying hunting, fishing, and camping. Emphasis is placed on conservation efforts, scholarship, and social events. Membership is not limited to forestry majors but covers a wide range of majors from agricultural science to engineering to Information Sciences.

Activities:

• Local fishing - Shore, boat, fly and ice for all species
    • Large deer drives and smaller group deer hunts - Archery and Firearm
    • Predator hunts - Coyotes, fox
    • Waterfowl hunting
    • Large scale bear drives in prime locations - Featured in Field and Stream, Link at bottom
    • Range days - Scotia game commission range
    • Annual Pulaski, NY Salmon River Fishing trip
    • Various trips around the state
    • Skeet shooting
    • Teaching
    • Community Service and Events
    • Greek Week - 2nd place 2014

Some benefits of becoming a member:

• Living with people who share similar interests in the outdoors
    • Establishing lifelong friendships
    • Increased social opportunities
    • Increased opportunities to enjoy the outdoors while at Penn State
    • Joining an established network for future professional or business contacts
    • Establishing a permanent home at Penn State
    • Experiencing Greek life in one of the country's largest fraternity systems
    • An affordable alternative to dorm or apartment living with exceptional facilities

Becoming a Member:

Similar to most fraternities, new members of Tau Phi Delta are required to go through a period of initiation known as "pledging." Tau Phi Delta has a pledge program lasting 6 to 10 weeks. During this period, prospective Brothers are introduced to house history, operations, and the governance of the Fraternity. Our pledge program is not designed to hinder the pledge, but rather to prepare the newcomer to be an asset to the Brotherhood. While pledging, the academic, social, and extra-curricular aspects of fraternity living are never overlooked. We do not permit the frivolous "hazing" that is often associated with the idea of pledging, but rather focus on maintenance and pride in our House, developing skills that prospective Brothers can use later in life.
    There is typically one pledge class per semester, consisting of 4 to 8 members. The individuals that make up these classes work closely together to learn about the Fraternity, the active and Alumni Brothers, and themselves. Bonds formed within pledge class members lead to lifetime friendships.
    Any current or prospective Penn State student who is interested in learning more about Tau Phi Delta and the benefits it offers should feel free to contact any current member. We'll be happy to invite you to tour the House, enjoy a meal with us, and get to know the Brotherhood!

Fraternity Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/359632877422471/

Personal Facebook (Probably fastest response): https://www.facebook.com/aaron.hollenbach

Comment here or Message

Field and Stream issue link(Story starts on pg 86) : http://books.google.com/books?id=KC4...page&q&f=false

Tau Phi Delta Website(Process of being completly rehauled): http://www.tauphidelta.org/Tau%20Phi%20Web/Welcome.html

If you or anyone you know would be interested please get in touch with me or another member.
    Stupid kills. (But not often enough to make a real improvement.)

(Perry County)

Default Re: Tau Phi Delta - Outdoors Interest Fraternity - Penn State University Park

You guys had a booth across from us at the outdoor show. I was manning the Sunday hunting (HUSH) booth for a couple of days.

I remember your fraternity well from my days at Penn State.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Centre County)

Default Re: Tau Phi Delta - Outdoors Interest Fraternity - Penn State University Park

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    You guys had a booth across from us at the outdoor show. I was manning the Sunday hunting (HUSH) booth for a couple of days.

I remember your fraternity well from my days at Penn State.
    I seen your booth up there aswell, any progress into the Sunday hunting?

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Carry View Post
    I seen your booth up there aswell, any progress into the Sunday hunting?
    Judge Kane tossed it so we're back to square one. It's not going to change until the younger generation gets in there and isn't so locked into "tradition."
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Judge Kane tossed it so we're back to square one. It's not going to change until the younger generation gets in there and isn't so locked into "tradition."
    Unfortunate, hopefully when the new generation moves into office there eyes are not so clouded by tradition. At least we have coyotes sunday.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Carry View Post
    At least we have coyotes sunday.
    And crows and feral pigs.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Centre County)

The school year just started so I figured I would bring this back to the top. Anyone interested please contact me asap.

(Centre County)

Bump for interest. Few guys are living in state college for the summer if anyone interested would like to check the house out.

(Berks County)

Sounds like my kind of fun!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Centre County)

Rush period starting soon so Im giving this post a bump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast