Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock 30s

(Chester County)

Default Glock 30s

Anybody have any experience or opinion on the Glock 30s? I had the G30sf. It was a great shooter, very accurate, but a little bulky for CC. I held the G30s and that 3 ounces of weight really made a huger difference for me. I'm going to order one this week, but I was wondering if anybody had any input.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Glock 30s

Fantastic gun. Almost identical in size to a G19, and by far the softest shooting polymer .45 I've ever laid hands on. I highly recommend it.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Fantastic gun. Almost identical in size to a G19, and by far the softest shooting polymer .45 I've ever laid hands on. I highly recommend it.
    Thank you! I heard it has a little more muzzle jump than the G30 since the slide is lighter, but down the road I'm going to replace the stock recoil rod with a stainless steel recoil rod. The additional weight will solve this.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Thank you! I heard it has a little more muzzle jump than the G30 since the slide is lighter, but down the road I'm going to replace the stock recoil rod with a stainless steel recoil rod. The additional weight will solve this.
    According to the laws of physics there will be an increase in felt recoil, but I wasn't able to detect it. I'm sure somebody like Jerry Miculek or Robbie Leatham could perceive a difference, but I'd hazard to say that the vast majority of people can't. It's a sweet shooter.

The only negative that I can come up with is the fact that the magazine constitutes part of the grip. If you have large hands, this could inhibit the mag dropping freely as the grip pressure from your pinkie holds it up. Not a real issue though. Throw a set of Truglo TFOs on it, and you have a damn near perfect carry gun in my opinion.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Love mine! Great gun for the price. Soft shooting .45ACP. Great size. A little heavy but carries well.

I see no purpose to the 30S. The frame is still the same width, and unless you want to save an ounce or two of weight with the thinner slide, just get another 30sf and the have softer recoil with the heavier, wider slide

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by G17-5291 View Post
    I see no purpose to the 30S. The frame is still the same width, and unless you want to save an ounce or two of weight with the thinner slide, just get another 30sf and the have softer recoil with the heavier, wider slide
    Trust me, the slide size and 3 oz difference actually make a pretty big difference. I might not even bother with the recoil rod anyways.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I take it that the width of the 30s is between the 30 and the 36. Correct?
    ...and they have a plan...

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I take it that the width of the 30s is between the 30 and the 36. Correct?
    In a nutshell, the 30s has a 30sf frame and a 36 slide. That's basically it.