Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: How far can you be pushed?

I am not now, nor have I ever espoused the violent overthrow of our government. I am, however, quite tired of our having our liberties taken and having so few people actually say anything about it at all.

ETA: Some of us have taken an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution and we still take that oath seriously.
    Last edited by billamj; January 25th, 2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling corrections
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by greener View Post
    Some of my relatives tried that a while back without a great deal of success. I believe a couple of them took a stroll across a field in Pennsylvania and up a hill and didn't return.
    I believe I know the field and hill of which you speak. I've walked across that field and up that hill myself, but under much more desireable conditions. Although I was born in N.J., I think I would have felt compelled to walk side by side with your relatives and probably would have met the same end. I truly believe that was the beginning of the end for this country. The loss of rights the states suffered during that time has led us to the overbearing central government we now have. The same central government the founders had warned us of and tried their best to prepare against.
    Don

(Lycoming County)

We all may face the grim firearm reaper if Hillery gets into office.

I wonder how many "good citizens" will calmly and quietly carry all of their guns into their local police department and hand them over for .02 cents on the wholesale dollar.

Hillery Clinton for President? JUST SAY NO!
    Jack

(Allegheny County)

My breaking point......

Well........a personl attack on me, I really don't give a crap. I have no feelings, just ask my wife.

But if you attack my family or friends, then, I can get a little "abrasive".

As far as the government goes, if you try to take up arms against it, you will die. End of story.

Just my $.02
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by GUNRUNNERS OF PA View Post
    As far as the government goes, if you try to take up arms against it, you will die. End of story.
    I'd bet that was the popular opinion among the colonists about to face the wrath of the British. I sure do agree with you that it's an almost certain death, but there has to be a point in which you would think that taking the chance, slim as it may be, would be worth it.
    If marshal law were declared, our rights suspended and seditious behavior silenced with jail, re-education camps or summary executions, I think there would plenty of people that had reached the point of open revolt. No one is more dangerous than a man left with nothing to lose. Of course the incremental deterioration of our rights is extremely hard for many to even see, let alone get their ire raised.
    Don

Every day that the story has been on the news I've wondered about the logistics of his situation. Out gunned and out manned. They can shut off the water, the electricity, freeze his accounts, food stores will run out eventually and I don't think Domino's is going to come to the rescue "we're the delivery experts, we'll get in", Uh, No- don't see it happening. Short of rounds zippin' by his head he's in combat.
    It is my personal opinion that society in general does not have the stomach for it and won't stand up or speak out in support of him. Most folks don't want to be bothered until a problem is six inches in front of their face. The media will make him out to be the bad-guy, the government...well, I think that horse has been beat-down enough.
    He's got nads. I'll give him that.

I can abide a great deal. I would've let them serve the warrant and called my attorney because of the logistics. The imminent loss of life, limb or loved one would be my point of no return.

I'm also concerned about how the outcome may affect RKBA and us.
    "Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." Theodore Roosevelt

(Lebanon County)

America today, compared to America in 1776 is an absolute atrocity.
    Our founding fathers were revolted by government, any government (that's why they didn't want a standing army, just the 2nd amendment). Our government itself was just meant to be a structure, and now it is a very oppressive, and controlling power with very unhanded things going on in it, however the sh t hasn't hit the fan just yet. We can change things, somehow I suppose. Research maybe, and finding out who are the right people to vote for (not parties, get parties out of your heads). There are some great people trying to get into office, buy they get beat down by unfair practices which shouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Farbmeister View Post
    What if they were coming for your guns? Aka New Orleans?

Good point. New Orleans was a completely different animal. Everyone was spread far too thin and heavily distracted. That's a major factor why a lot of undocumented events remained that way. It also makes the Southern Comfort scenario a possibility that won't likely happen in Mr. Browns case.

With Mr. Brown, the Feds have the luxury of time & resources, lack of distractions, and have Mr. Brown surrounded. The outcome appears to be only a matter of time.

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    Claire Wolfe in 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution

The exact quote is:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."

She later (in her blog) followed that quote up with:

"I admit that, somewhere between passage of the Real ID act and the brutal bureaucratic botch after Hurricane Katrina, I was slapped into the conclusion that this is the time to shoot the bastards."

(Note to FBI/Echelon domestic spies/analysts...I am not advocating shooting you bastards, just providing information about a quote. Claire Wolfe said it, not me. )
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    I am not now, nor have I ever espoused the violent overthrow of our government. I am, however, quite tired of our having our liberties taken and having so few people actually say anything about it at all.

ETA: Some of us have taken an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution and we still take that oath seriously.
    I can't wait to take that oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    America today, compared to America in 1776 is an absolute atrocity.
    Our founding fathers were revolted by government, any government (that's why they didn't want a standing army, just the 2nd amendment). Our government itself was just meant to be a structure, and now it is a very oppressive, and controlling power with very unhanded things going on in it, however the sh t hasn't hit the fan just yet. We can change things, somehow I suppose. Research maybe, and finding out who are the right people to vote for (not parties, get parties out of your heads). There are some great people trying to get into office, buy they get beat down by unfair practices which shouldn't be allowed.
    great points.

and to this thread. Their is a point but i don't know what is it yet. maybe a complete 2A ban. But of cose that is the fasest way to have this country go into a civil war.

(Erie County)

Over at Arfcom they had someone asking if there would be a AW ban including a Grandfather clause. Now that would be a way to start a civil war. Police coming into homes to seize weapons would get very very ugly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast