Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington R51

(Bucks County)

Default Remington R51

I was checking out Remington's website and saw there was no listing for the R51 anymore. Did they discontinue it or stop production until they work the bugs out? Also there are none for sale locally or on GB.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Remington R51

Quote Originally Posted by bdriller View Post
    I was checking out Remington's website and saw there was no listing for the R51 anymore. Did they discontinue it or stop production until they work the bugs out? Also there are none for sale locally or on GB.
    The fact its no longer on their website tells you something.

Once in a while, there comes gun that is so bad, SOOOO bad, no amount of endorsement can make gun writer to say good thing about it any more I guess(well, except Gunblast. You can hand him a cow dong the shape of gun, and he'll say something nice about it)
    At the all-important SHOT Show Media Day at the Range, and the R51 was conspicuous by its absence. It was just a scheduling mix-up, everyone was assured, and when they got to the show proper the next day there were plenty of display models on hand. That should have been a sign.

I only know of 1 guy locally that have bought one. He took a ass whooping and got rid of it in 3 days.

Bad trigger, rough, and cranky slide, magazine not staying in, and its HUGE are some of his complaint about it.
    And that's before the whole it shoots out of battery thing was coming out in open, along with pis poor quality control.
    Just look at some example at the shop that was posted elsewhere...

Last edited by Mity2; June 26th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    The fact its no longer on their website tells you something.
    Gun was SOOOO bad, no amount of endorsement can make gun writer to say good thing about it I guess(well, except Gunblast. You can hand him a cow dong the shape of gun, and he'll say something nice about it)
    Pretty sure you'd hear something like...

"It's a dandy gun for social work"

III% - Stand and be counted

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rblakely View Post
    Pretty sure you'd hear something like...
    LOL

I've long suspected that the Jeff Quinn and his goons will say nothing but a good thing based on how much they get in return from manufactures.

When he had nothing but good things to say about R51, my suspicions were confirmed as far as Im concerned
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Bucks County)

I wanted to see if they were working the bugs out or some kind of report of a recall. I really wanted to shoot one for myself,I have read mixed reviews on it. I held one and it felt nice in my hand, I did not rack the slide or dry fire it because it was already sold to a customer at a local shop. Just thought it seemed a little funny Remington has not posted or anyone has not written about it. The R51 seems to have vanished if anyone sees anything please post.

Not surprised they pulled them. The T&E guns didn't even work.

(Tioga County)

I remember on this forum in the thread back around Christmas people were saying this was the greatest thing ever and they were going to run out and buy it as soon as they could. My opinion was that it looked sketchy to me and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole until it had a track record. I got poo pooed for saying that but it turned out I was right.

(Delaware County)

Are there flaws in its design or is it a good design that was poorly executed?

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    Are there flaws in its design or is it a good design that was poorly executed?
    Looks like both but mostly the shitty freedom group execution. Some top complaints are the magazine always coming out, weird trigger with no reset, firing out of battery and I am sure there is more, which I suspect are design related.

now you're making it sound like I should have bought one just to keep it to become a collector's item.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast