Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation Pennsylvania: Possible Pigeon Shooting Ban Amendment to House Bill 1750

Discussions are underway in the Pennsylvania Senate to amend a ban on pigeon shooting into House Bill 1750 in the Senate Judiciary Committee. These attempts could happen as early as tomorrow, and your immediate action is needed to ensure this amendment is defeated.

This legislation would criminalize organized pigeon shoots in Pennsylvania by amending Title 18 ("Crimes and Offenses") of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes.

Pigeon shooting is a traditional shooting sport and has many participants throughout the Commonwealth and around the world. Shoots have been held in Pennsylvania for more than a hundred years. Their participants are law-abiding, ethical shooting enthusiasts, hunters, and sportsmen.

Of course, opposition to pigeon shooting does not come from within the Commonwealth, but from the outside. National animal “rights” extremist groups, led by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), have organized and funded efforts in Pennsylvania and around the country to ban this longstanding traditional shooting sport.

Using the contact information provided below, please call and e-mail members of the Senate Judiciary Committee and respectfully urge them to OPPOSE any attempt to ban this shooting sport in Pennsylvania. Please also call your state Senator and urge him or her to oppose these efforts.

Senate Judiciary Committee Members:

Senator Stewart J. Greenleaf (R-12), Chairman
    (717) 787-6599
    sgreenleaf@pasen.gov

Senator Daylin Leach (D-17), Minority Chairman
    (717) 787-5544

Senator John C. Rafferty Jr. (R-44)
    (717) 787-1398
    jrafferty@pasen.gov

Senator Joseph B. Scarnati III (R-25)
    (717) 787-7084
    jscarnati@pasen.gov

Senator Richard L. Alloway II (R-33)
    (717) 787-4651
    alloway@pasen.gov

Senator John H. Eichelberger Jr. (R-30)
    (717) 787-5490
    jeichelberger@pasen.gov

Senator John R. Gordner (R-27)
    (717) 787-8928

Senator Dominic Pileggi (R-9)
    (717) 787-4712

Senator Randy Vulakovich (R-40)
    (717) 787-6538

Senator Gene Yaw (R-23)
    (717) 787-3280
    gyaw@pasen.gov

Senator Lisa M. Boscola (D-18)
    (717) 787-4236
    boscola@pasenate.com

Senator Lawrence M. Farnese Jr. (D -1)
    (717) 787-5662
    farnese@pasenate.com

Senator Wayne D. Fontana (D -42)
    (717) 787-5300
    fontana@pasenate.com

Senator Michael J. Stack (D-5)
    (717) 787-9608
    stack@pasenate.com
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania: Possible Pigeon Shooting Ban Amendment to House Bill 1750

Pigeons, Flying rats.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania: Possible Pigeon Shooting Ban Amendment to House Bill 1750

Sorry boys, not jumping out of my seat for this one.

(Franklin County)

I think it's deplorable, I think it shows just how much humans suck. If you feel the need to kill something just for fun, it should be something that can kill you back, just for fun.
    I don't think it's "hunting" any more than shooting a clay pigeon is hunting.
    The truth is I really don't care about dead pigeons, what bothers me the most is that there are people who do this.
    I put this in the same category as cock fighting or dog fighting and they are banned so I guess this should be as well. If they don't want to ban this, so be it, then make cock and dog fighting legal and call it a day.
    Last edited by ray h; June 26th, 2014 at 08:29 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by firebird.77 View Post
    Sorry boys, not jumping out of my seat for this one.
    Me too.

Though, I found out about this from a friendly recorded msg from the NRA. I think the NRA has more important bigger battles to fight.
    Last edited by Jagerwolf; June 26th, 2014 at 08:28 AM.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Montgomery County)

Shouldn't we respect pigeons. They played an important role as messengers during WW1 and WW2
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Lawrence County)

So what comes after the ban on pigeon shoots? Groundhogs maybe? No reason to shoot them either since nobody actually eats them (ok, almost nobody). How far does it go? You all know damn well what the end goal is for these groups, are you ok with that also?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    So what comes after the ban on pigeon shoots? Groundhogs maybe? No reason to shoot them either since nobody actually eats them (ok, almost nobody). How far does it go? You all know damn well what the end goal is for these groups, are you ok with that also?

How many people raise groundhogs and release masses of them on their property just to shoot them?
    Last edited by ray h; June 26th, 2014 at 09:01 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Pigeon? What pigeon? That was no stinking pigeon. That was a drone, and I blasted it with my SP10......
    You don't have enough guns untill you don't know how many you have.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerwolf View Post
    Me too.

Though, I found out about this from a friendly recorded msg from the NRA. I think the NRA has more important bigger battles to fight.
    I don't participate, and don't think it's sporting but I DO support it. Remember every little infringement is an infringement. Makes it worse, the entire opposition is from people OUTSIDE the Commonwealth. The 'sport' probably would have died off long ago if it weren't for the activities of those outside our communities coming here to tell us how to be 'civilized'. You don't like it? Fine, don't be around it. Try to make a law against it? Remember for every one thing YOU think there should be a law against, there are THREE things that you enjoy that others think should have a law against.

So who's side are you on? Freedom or Tyranny of the majority?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast