Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Recent graduate of PA Gunsmith School seeking employment

I don't know the definition of ignorance either. Maybe you can take this post, highlight a few phrases, and make me look like old fathead?

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Thank you. I would speculate that with the overall, per capita, decline in the gun culture, they have adjusted their standards to accommodate.
    I sure hope this isn't true. PGS was(and still might be) regarded as one of the top gunsmithing schools in the US(maybe the world). Their wait list is usually over a year long.
    I have hopes of being a graduate someday, however I realize that gunsmithing isn't a sustainable career for most. Hence it will be my future part time job with my main career in machining(which is also a dying art).

(Delaware County)

Apparently, there's a gunsmithing school somewhere missing a couple of tools.
    Last edited by Gman106; July 1st, 2014 at 12:08 AM.

(Lawrence County)

Spartakis, not a bad decision. I was going to take a similar course of action at one point too. They'll give a decent foundation to build on. I never though i'd learn how to grind my own bits....

Gman, get depressed and do the chairforce a favor.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by mbwaldo View Post
    You're a quick one to use your words as well
    I'm almost sure that "you" and the op are one in the same.

"You" come to his rescue as a new member right after he disappears.

You are the one insulting people here for giving your "friend" honest advice that it appears you and he simply cannot tolerate.

He comes here pouting that the field he chose cannot support his lifestyle because it's the shop owners fault for not paying a fresh out of gunsmithing school "decent" wages.
    I and others simply pointed out to your young inexperienced friend that nobody owes him a paycheck, he and others right out of any school need to earn it.
    "He" needs to start at the bottom and build contacts and without the attitude, in 3 years he should be set if he actually knows anything.
    But "he" didn't want to hear that, he wanted someone to land a job in his lap that will pay what he thinks is fair.
    Doesn't work that way.

You came here to defend your "friend" and are the one throwing out insults and acting like a keyboard commando while calling me childish names.
    So yes the irony is strong with you.

Thanks for the chuckle, I'm done with you and your "friend", you guys really made an impact here and great strides in advancing your careers.

Good luck, you are soooo going to need it.

(Lawrence County)

you hurt my feelings fathead How can we be the same person when I am the better smith? He doesn't even know how to checker that well!

yeah, I'm done with this bullshit forum too.

(Bucks County)

Mr. I Think It Would Be Cool to Work on Guns All Day please meet Ms. Reality.

While you two have nothing in common right now, over time you will come to understand each other.

Quote Originally Posted by sandersz28 View Post
    Well you come off as someone whose high and mighty Im not asking for $50 an hr Im asking for enough money to actually buy an apartment and live on my own common sense tells you that you cant do that with $8 an hr. ID like to see you pay almost $4 a gal. for fuel your own health ins. car ins. utilities and $700 a month in rent on $8 an hr. thats obviously not possible. Take your disrespect elsewhere.
    You can get a second $8 job if that's what you can get. Work hard and work upwards.

I've always had multiple jobs throughout my lifetime. Even now with a steady income, I do side work to help the family.

You have to start somewhere, which is located at the bottom. If you're not too selfish to take whatever job you can find at the moment and always work to improve yourself by always working hard in whatever you are doing, you'll make it someday.

I've had some real crap jobs, even after college but it paid off later in life. Too many kids coming out of college feel they're entitled to a chance. You have to make your own chance. If you have to take a job loading trucks at Fed-Ex (they're ALWAYS hiring and pay decent if you work hard) and flip burgers on the side...do that while you look for something better. There's no shame in working hard and providing for yourself and your family. There should be shame in taking and even expecting handouts. Sadly that's becoming the norm in this nation.

Good luck to you.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post
    You can get a second $8 job if that's what you can get. Work hard and work upwards.

I've always had multiple jobs throughout my lifetime. Even now with a steady income, I do side work to help the family.

You have to start somewhere, which is located at the bottom. If you're not too selfish to take whatever job you can find at the moment and always work to improve yourself by always working hard in whatever you are doing, you'll make it someday.

I've had some real crap jobs, even after college but it paid off later in life. Too many kids coming out of college feel they're entitled to a chance. You have to make your own chance. If you have to take a job loading trucks at Fed-Ex (they're ALWAYS hiring and pay decent if you work hard) and flip burgers on the side...do that while you look for something better. There's no shame in working hard and providing for yourself and your family. There should be shame in taking and even expecting handouts. Sadly that's becoming the norm in this nation.

Good luck to you.
    I totally agree, its just unfortunate the gen coming out of college and my generation was told and preached go to college this is what you get it or at least get that chance...

what people didnt realize that there is not guarantee in life, and some held onto those preaching words that i was a guarantee

Its unfortunate that that doctrine was instilled into the younger generations and at a time it was pretty true.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mbwaldo View Post

yeah, I'm done with this bullshit forum too.

I always sleep with my guns when you are gone

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast